Theatregirl1122 said:
1. 3F-3T 9.5
2. 3A 7.5
3. 3Lz-3T 10.0
4. 3Lo 5.5x
5. 3Lz 6.6x
6. 3S 5.0x
7. 2A-2T-2L0 6.7x

Yes, that eight-triple program would be legal. All six different triples, repeats on toe loop and lutz.

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
gkelly said:
They had 5 different triples. They were allowed to repeat 2. That allows a total of 7.

If you have 6 different triples and repeat 2, that allows you 8.

Okay that makes sense.

But my point still stands...Midori Ito's programs are where the bar was set and the judging was rather dumb at the time, resulting in BAIUL being overscored.

Also, regardless of what the rules say, the judges did not seem to pay attention to the Spins, Spirals, and Step Sequences for the technical mark in the long program. Otherwise how would Bonaly be able to get a 5.9 for having such poor Spirals and Steps. And why did some skaters who had the same jump content as another skater but far better spins or footwork not get higher marks.

In summation - Thank the GODS for the new judging system.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Zuranthium said:
Men have different rules. They get 9 instead of 7.

No they don't and no they didn't!!

Under 6.0 the zayak rule was the only restriction on jumps and under CoP the men are allowed 8 jumping passes.

Ant

antmanb

Record Breaker
Zuranthium said:
Well, yes, obviously doing one of each kind is a good thing. But Midori Ito had set the bar and anything less than what she did deserved less points.

I disagree with scores being "placeholders". That's not a good way to judge. Everything should be universal. Which it is now with COP.

Well then what were they supposed to do with 6.0...heck in 20 years time people might be landing quints so we better give a 7 triple program by a lady including a triple axel a 3.5 for tech cuz in the 2028 games someone might land a full set of quints??

I think 6.0 did a fine job of comparing the skaters with themselves at that time. I'm don't like the way this system is touted as being absolute and having people coming up with a meaningless PB that is affected by the judging panel and the skaters you're competing against. Its saying its one thing but it actuall ends up being a messed up hybrid of both.

Ant

antmanb

Record Breaker
Zuranthium said:
Sorry, but you're wrong.

Here is the link to Sarah Hughes' 2002 Olympic program - http://youtube.com/watch?v=GTPwnLkXppg&search=hughes 2002

After having done 6 Triples, Sandra Bezic says "She is only allowed 1 more Triple".

Do you honestly think Surya Bonaly would have stopped at 7 Triples if there weren't a max?

No, Bezic says she is only allowed one more triple because she knows that two triples have already been repeated in combination and that since sarah doesn't have a triple axel she's planning to throw in therefore she can only do one more triple without violating the Zayak rule.

If you are so sure that there was a rule stating that the was a maximum number of jumps allowed in an LP under 6.0 then why don't you post the rule?

Ant

Last edited:

antmanb

Record Breaker
Zuranthium said:
Spins + Spirals are part of the "presentation" component for the Long Program.

Spins and spirals have never been part of the presentation score - they've always been part of the technical score - look at the technical requirements of an SP - Three jumping passes, three spins, two sets of footwork (which for the ladies includes a spiral sequence).

Ant

Last edited:

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
Good job there...pointlessly repeating yourself over and over.

Someone already pointed out the exact rules, thanks. I was only aware of the fact that skaters never did more than 9 (men) or 7 (women) jumps, as well as the basic Zayak rule that a jump can only be repeated once and must be in combination/sequence. That was what I learned when I was younger and that was what everyone talked about at every major competition.