They Broke My Heart Catharsis Thread | Golden Skate

They Broke My Heart Catharsis Thread

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Inspired by one of our sweetest posters.

Everybody has at least one person who ripped their heart out, twisted it up, stomped on it, and then left them for (to quote Carrie Bradshaw) "the stick figure with no soul'. Here is your chance to get it out of your system. Just list their name (first only unless they were REALLY bad and then it is your duty as a citizen of the world to warn the rest of us, LOL). Comments are OK too......multiple listings too.

I'll go first.

Nick the jerk.......feel better already!

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Elizabeth, affectionately known as ElizaB**** now. Yep feel better too.

Last edited:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I have at least one but think it's better not to say because one of them is my neighbor, the Chief of Police. I will say they should never hire anyone with such a hot temper for a policeman alone a police chief.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
His name was Shawn... and while we're still pals, I wouldn't wish him on anyone... whatta piece of work... :disapp: :banging:

(Mr. Kwanford laughs at me for dating this guy for sooo long... yes, he's a smug one...)

Last edited:

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
OMG, that would have to be B.S. the Psycho Stalker. I was afraid to leave the house for a while. As the Rabbi in 'Fiddler on the Roof' said of the Tsar, "God bless him and keep him, far away from me".
Then there's the ex-husband...I recently found out that not only am I doing better (financially) than he is, but our 22-year-old daughter is as well. Not that I'm gloating or anything :)rofl: ), but that was sweet news!
Lord help me, I could go on and on....
xoxo
Rave

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Ravyn Rant said:
OMG, that would have to be B.S. the Psycho Stalker. I was afraid to leave the house for a while. As the Rabbi in 'Fiddler on the Roof' said of the Tsar, "God bless him and keep him, far away from me".
Then there's the ex-husband...I recently found out that not only am I doing better (financially) than he is, but our 22-year-old daughter is as well. Not that I'm gloating or anything :)rofl: ), but that was sweet news!
Lord help me, I could go on and on....
xoxo
Rave

:clap: :clap: Now that's what I'm talking about...

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Let me add Kaya the S.** who expected me to keep my mouth shut and walk three steps behind. Wasn't like that the first five years...... was charming and wonderful and then the next personality took over.

(e-x-h-a-l-i-n-g)

Lynn226

On the Ice
Great thread, Piel!

Allen - He was in the Navy and he sent me a Dear Jane letter. The worst part was that I now realize that he knew what he was going to do the last time we saw each other. He sent my class ring back in a regular paper envelope and it was destroyed. His mother apologized for his behavoir and told him that he owed me an explanation other than the letter he sent.

Unfortunately, I allowed this blow to affect me more than I should have. My health suffered and I bounced from bad relationship to bad relationship, including one that ended in divorce. Sometimes, I want to marry, again. Sometimes, I don't.

AFAIK, my ex-mommie dearest-in-law is still a free loader with my ex paying the bills.

Last edited:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Gil. But NOT for any romantic reasons.

He was the surgeon who removed my gallbladder almost 9 months ago. I’m now left in chronic pain for some reason that no one has been able to diagnosis with any certainty other than to say it happened during surgery. At my insistence, he ran some tests, which were inconclusive, then shuffled me off to other doctors.

Now when he sees me at the medical center, HE has the nerve to walk by ME and pretend he doesn’t see me. It's happened 3 times that I noticed, probably even more that I didn't. Very hurtful.

And when I requested a copy of my file to pass along to another doctor, he waited nearly a week (which was the day of my appointment with this new doctor) to have his nurse/office manager call me and tell me to stop by his office to sign a RELEASE form—for my own paperwork, which any doctor on the network computer could have accessed and given to me. And he made sure not to come out of the exam room until I was gone.

I think I deserved to be treated MUCH better than that. I guess he needs to see patients that can pay his mortgage and the rent on his two offices, both of which are located in the best possible areas. While I have to take time off work to deal with tests and pain treatment. :p

Hmmm, you’re right! I do feel better. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I have discovered that Dr.'s can't handle failure very well. He is embarrassed over his failure to solve the problem and just can't handle it. After all, they are Gods aren't they?:rofl:
When they act like they don't know what to do, or give some kind of reason that just doesn't go over, I finally ask "you just don't know?" and it has really worked well. Haven't had one deny it yet. They had sent me to an Orthopedic surgeon and I kept asking about why it wasn't working and he finally said he just couldn't help me any more. I said "I was wondering about a Rheumatologist" and man what a sigh of relief he gave. Turned me over to one in the same building and I just love him. That was when I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and many other auto immune things. Still makes me so mad that family Dr. sent me to Psychiatrist because it was all in my head. Makes you feel like dancing on his grave. :rofl:
So, don't be afraid to ask. If they won't answer, find another Dr.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Grgranny said:
So, don't be afraid to ask. If they won't answer, find another Dr.

Grgranny is totally correct. My mom has a theory that if you treat doctors like the hired help, they do a better job because the pressure is off... I must say, it works for me... demand quality service & you get quality care... (but then, I can be a piece of work when I'm not in control, so maybe its not that I'm getting quality care, but that they just want me the heck outta there... but whatever works!;) )

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
GrGranny, yes, he told me actually that he was at his "wit's end" and just didn't know what else to do. I was fine with that and fine with seeing other doctors who might have ideas on how to help me. I even told him that I considered the problem to be a fluke of surgery and not his fault. I wanted to let him off the hook, so to speak. I thought I was doing him a favor because I knew he felt guilty and responsible. I know he did his best--he even attended my hysterectomy 3 months later and removed scar tissue in an effort to alleviate the pain. He had told me, "Whatever you want me to do, I will do." I appreciated that.

It's just that we had a very friendly, positive relationship, and to just suddenly ignore me like I don't exist is very painful to me. It's just unnecessary. Truthfully, I would feel like that if anyone suddenly turned on me like that, but perhaps it just bothers me more because he was my doctor and he was supposed to heal me, not hurt me.

You know what is the difference between God and a doctor? God never thought he was a doctor. :biggrin:

Last edited:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
A little different, more on the good friend aspect -

ARR why the hell did you pick coke and booze over your friends? You were a talented musician and had a face most defined as Jesus look alike. What a waste!!!:cry:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
SeaniBu said:
A little different, more on the good friend aspect -

ARR why the hell did you pick coke and booze over your friends? You were a talented musician and had a face most defined as Jesus look alike. What a waste!!!:cry:
That is sad. It sounds like your friend didn't exactly PICK coke and booze over friends; rather, he was addicted to those things. Probably the only thing that would have helped is detox, but ARR would have had to WANT to break the addiction first.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
RealtorGal said:
That is sad. It sounds like your friend didn't exactly PICK coke and booze over friends; rather, he was addicted to those things. Probably the only thing that would have helped is detox, but ARR would have had to WANT to break the addiction first.

True, he didn't want to. That was the choice he made. 5 of us did the discussion, enrollment, "hold the hand" if you will. Even after he was kept away for weeks flushing the system, at the first chance he went back. I know (I say "know" because he was sneaky) of 4 times. I found a bottle of Vodka in the toilet basin and that was number 4. He chose to lie to use, and chose to find what we together would eliminate, and bring it right back in to his life. He chose to stay addicted.

Very sad, he was a talented Bass player, and the girls just swooned for him but he ... well I can only say it one way. I went down that path to start with him, I and others chose to stop. He didn't.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
SeaniBu said:
True, he didn't want to. That was the choice he made. 5 of us did the discussion, enrollment, "hold the hand" if you will. Even after he was kept away for weeks flushing the system, at the first chance he went back. I know (I say "know" because he was sneaky) of 4 times. I found a bottle of Vodka in the toilet basin and that was number 4. He chose to lie to use, and chose to find what we together would eliminate, and bring it right back in to his life. He chose to stay addicted.

Very sad, he was a talented Bass player, and the girls just swooned for him but he ... well I can only say it one way. I went down that path to start with him, I and others chose to stop. He didn't.

That sucks... I'm sorry that happened.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I'm really sorry about your friend. It's amazing, isn't it, how hurt stays with us for such a long time?

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Man I feel like I have brought everyone down, so on the note that hurt stay sfor so long I would like to say Love does too.

I haven't seen CK for over 10 years, I haven't talked to her for over 4 at least. And hardly a day goes by where something doesn't remind me of a wonderful love we shared - partly because I am still in the same town we were in together and did a lot of traveling, San Fran always seems to come up in the news at least once a week and she looks so much like Carolina Kostner - yah the initials to.

She was with someone else (4 times she's tryed;) ) the last time I talked to her, and I still wish that she finds the right guy. Anyway, that is a love that holds true to the saying, "better to have loved and lost..." because I cherish the fact we did share that love.

Geez, I feel pretty good now:)