Name that Actor | Golden Skate

Name that Actor

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I think I better try and come up with more fun stuff 'cause I am a little annoying sometimes to be sure.....I hope this makes it more worth it to keep me around.

Come up with at least 2 facts, one movie or TV show and a quote or more from an Actor and see if others can guess it.

As far as I know the term Actor pertains to both Female and Males, I believe it was introduced by the Academy Awards to have two different categories for men and women. So Girl or Guy Actors are both included.

Please come back and answer.:laugh:

I know I am preaching to the choir when it comes to guessing and looking it up - so I wont bother saying anything. OOPs I guess I did.:laugh:

EXPL.
SeaniBu said:
2006 Most Saturday Night Live Hosts appearances. 14

He was listed as #50 in People Magazine's "50 Most Beautiful People" List (2003)

Was a magician at Disneyland.

His first feature film appearance was in the musical Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

quote (s) - "I believe entertainment can aspire to be art and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

"A kiss may not be the truth, but it is what we wish were true."

Jeesh Seanibu, how easy do you have to make it?! Steve Martin

IDLERACER

Medalist
This well known character actor was probably the only guy in history to be a semi-regular character on two different television programs on two different networks simultaneously, for a period of two years. 1961-1963 were the years that the two shows overlapped. One was on ABC and the other on CBS. Both shows are so popular, that they have been rerunning perpetually for the last 45 years. If I gave you any more hints, it would be too easy.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Idle, I am going to guess Bill Bixby. I don't think I am right though - that is not easy based on the info. And I wasn't born yet:laugh:

IDLERACER

Medalist
Whether or not your were born when they initially aired makes no difference. Both sitcoms have been in perpetual reruns ever since. I'll give you another hint. The guy was bald.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Caroll O'Conner?

My DOB was in the thought that I just didn't associate the years with the shows.

IDLERACER

Medalist
Bill Bixby and Carroll O'Connor were not regulars on any sitcom during those two years. When they were in sitcoms, they were leading men, not character actors.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Thought that might have been a start for those two.

Next guess I am going with Mel, which I never knew started in those years even though I always loved the show.

Richard Deacon?

BTW, thanks for making it so tough.;)

Last edited:

IDLERACER

Medalist
SeaniBu said:
Richard Deacon?
You got it. He played Fred Rutherford on "Leave It To Beaver" (1957-1963) and Mel Cooley on "The Dick Van Dyke Show" (1961-1966). The former was on ABC, the latter on CBS.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
IDLERACER said:
You got it. He played Fred Rutherford on "Leave It To Beaver" (1957-1963) and Mel Cooley on "The Dick Van Dyke Show" (1961-1966). The former was on ABC, the latter on CBS.

NO WAY. I can't believe it. That was fun. Even though I always loved DVD show I never new when it was made - had it in my mind it was late 60s. The way it came to mind was that I looked to see when DVDS was aired and then I realized I saw Mel on Mr Ed before and took a guess. Nice, that was fun even though you didn't give a quote, that might have really given it away - " I don't think that is too funny Rob.":laugh:

BTW- never would have got the Leave it to Beaver, just never watched it. Some reason I never liked that show LITB.

Well let see if I can come up with some one new.

Last edited:

IDLERACER

Medalist
SeaniBu said:
Nice, that was fun even though you didn't give a quote.
The only verbal dialogue he would be famous for is the word "Yick" (and then storming out of the room).

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
"yick" :rofl: What about, "Allen needs to see you."?:laugh:

Next
• Played a pilot of an RB-36

Gave up his personal aspirations of aviation to go to attend Princeton University and earned a degree in architecture.

He later became a pilot and assumed a rank of 2nd Lieutenant and an instructor pilot for B-17s during WW2.

“I always watch Dean Martin's show, ... just to see if he falls down.”

New Hint -
"Well, well gee Mr......" And to finish that "Mr. ?" think of ___ ___ and the" fancy glass" Of Fire. ah I gave that away.

Last edited:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
#13 hint....give away entirely.

Most famous film was "It's _ _____ Life"

:eek:hwell:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Piel said:
Jimmy Stewart?

Yep!:clap:

Played a pilot of an RB-36 in the movie "Strategic Air Command" (My dad flew the same plane) he was featured more as the B-1 pilot.

Gave up his personal aspirations of aviation to go to attend Princeton University and earned a degree in architecture.

He later became a pilot and assumed a rank of 2nd Lieutenant and an instructor pilot for B-17s during WW2.

“I always watch Dean Martin's show, ... just to see if he falls down.”

"Well, well gee Mr
Potter" And to finish that "Mr. ?" think of Harry Potter and the "Goblet" of Fire.

Most famous film was "It's A Wonderful Life" in ref to above movie quote.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
NEXT ?

• After becoming a successful model for the Ford Modeling Agency and Revlon, she was selected to play the only major female character in a 1968 film - her first.

Was on the cover of Vogue over 24 times.

Real first name is Mary.

Movies with Jim Carrey, Alan Alda and Richard Gere.

quote - "For my generation to turn 30 - we were all very scared of it. Turned out it was nothing." :clap:

?

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Hints for 17.

Played a "Vampire Countess"

quote - "Our wrinkles are our medals of the passage of life. They are what we have been through and who we want to be."

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
more Hints for 17.:p

She has a big gap in her teeth - it works well on her.

She posed for a black n white photo for Annie Leibovitz wearing nothing but mud.