Project Runway season 3 | Golden Skate

Project Runway season 3

Longhornliz

Final Flight
Did anyone watch the premier? I'm sure Bravo will run it again many times this weekend. I already have a few favorites, I like the woman who has 5 kids and still manages to look so polished.

I thought the white fur coat should have won. The dress that won was nice, and so was the one with the little bows in the back, but they just looked like any dress that you might have made out of any material.

The big coat was more in the spirit of the challenge. It looked like it was made out of rugs and bangles that you might find laying around your hotel room.

Plus, the model had her 'tude down. Like Scarlett O'hara, she came out there like, "yeah I'm wearing the draperies -- what are you going to do about it, chump!"

MM :)

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love this show and I think they have a lot of talented people in it. I loved the coffee filter dress, it was very feminine. I also liked the fur coat. I guess neither one of you liked the "hat." :laugh: :laugh:

The Fur Coat

The Coffee Filters

The Hat

Dee

Actually, I didn't think the hat was that bad.

(But I admit, the dress and purse were better without it. :laugh: )

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I loved the coat too. I love that over the top glamour high society thing... meanwhile I'm 24 and broke. Oh well, one day! I love the designer who used to dress barbie, he had a fun personality.

The hat was better before he added all the beads to it. maybe i would have responded better to the hat without the sunglasses.

I think the hat guy is going to be the new Santini. Everything he designs is crap, but the judges keep stringing him along anyway because he is so original.

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
The tatoo guy is the one who reminds me more of Santini (and who one of the judges compared him to).

This dress was by far the worst. The concept was good but the materials used made it look GROSS.

I liked the hat a lot and the dress was good...except for the pockets. Why on earth did he add those??? That ruined it. The glasses worked great though, imo. Minus the lame pockets, the outfit looked like something a mythical African priestess would wear -- very creative and unique.

I believe the coat should have won as well.

Last edited:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think in time (if he can get his head together)Santino will become a great fashion designer. He has so so so much creativity, I think that's why they kept him. I think there are more talented people in this episode than last year. My honest opinion is I liked all the designs --- look what they had to work with and eventually created.

Dee

CB1AB2

Medalist
I didn't like the guy with the slicked hair = he reminds me of Pee Wee Herman
I think it's going to be an interesting show this year already you can tell there is going to be lots of arguments and personality clashes =

rjulie510

Rinkside
I think it's too early to call Vincent (creator of that basket hat outfit) Santino. I mean, we have only seen one challenge so far. From a quick look at his portfolio from Audition episode, it looks like classical couture outfits are what he's known for, and perhaps he tried too hard to do something outside of his comfort zone.

I must admit I like his craziness. I mean, if a guy who cashed out his 401k to re-start his fasion career is not crazy, then who would be?

I really like Michael -that coffee filter dress was ingenious. Laura, the fur dress, seems promising, too, but she gives me impression that she is only interested in high society outfits -if that's the case, then sooner or later judges will start criticizing her lack of variety.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
I thought Robert should have won. Yes, Keith's dress was beautiful but I thought Robert used his materials more creatively. So far, Robert is my favorite.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I was sad they sent Melan home... his dress had some issues, but he was a colorful character and I enjoyed him. That woman was dreadful and should have been sent home for not being a better partner... she was the ONLY one being negative about the dress. Why try to point out flaws to your team's design. Ick. At least Melan took complete responsibility for any flaws in their design.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Liz, I agree with you about Malan, I really think he showed promise. I really feel like they made a mistake in letting him go. First of all he attempted to make something. I think having a partner was very distracting for him. It seemed like he was having a hard time getting his concept right. Rusching is difficult and takes time to get it to look good and to lay right. I think if he would have left the rusching off and just designed a sleek gown he might still be there. Of course his interviews were so sad. After looking at his sketches, his mother saying never to that again. Then his closing reamarks about fitting in and not having lots of friends were so sad.

Angela, the witch, should have been booted. I said it and I believe it.

Dee

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Am I the only one who thinks that Angela was right, the dress WAS kind of crap? She could have been more tactful, but for a start the color was god-awful and those shoulders--bwuh?

I might have picked Uli's dress to win, but I can see why she went with a pagent-safe gown. Not that she'd really have a chance of winning the international pagent, since Miss USA basically doesn't, but better not to take a chance.

Speaking of Project Runway, we were talking at work--has Sasha EVER worn her dress from last season? We were betting she found some sort of out in her contract with them. (And would anyone else pay money to see them design for Johnny Weir? I know the focus is women's couture, but I'd love to see them forced to design for a man at least once. Or have to do two outfits, for a dance or pair team.)

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
julietvalcouer said:
Am I the only one who thinks that Angela was right, the dress WAS kind of crap? She could have been more tactful, but for a start the color was god-awful and those shoulders--bwuh?
I thought Vincent's dress was OK, color and all. I don't think anyone had the right to act the way Angela did, she wouldn't even leave Kayne alone to sketch. She should have been booted. Look at the pressure she put Vincent under with all her negative comments. I hopw she gets booted quickly because if she couldn't understand the simple concept he was the team leader than she has no place in that kind of business. I thought he was pretty nice to her under the circumstance.

Speaking of Project Runway, we were talking at work--has Sasha EVER worn her dress from last season? We were betting she found some sort of out in her contract with them.
Sasha commented that the original design didn't fit her and I could see that. I think it was up to Project Runway to fit the costume for her. Why were you betting that she tried to get away with something??

Dee

Worst thing about the show: they showed the first episode over again (for the second time) from 9 to 10, when I was still awake. Then when the new episode came on at 10 -- oh well, I'm sure they will be re-running that, too.

I thought the worst thing about the losing dress (OK, the second worst thing) was the hem. I mean, the no hem. It looked like they just whacked it off at the bottom and it was already starting to fray by the time she made it down the runway.

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Dee4707 said:
I thought Vincent's dress was OK, color and all. I don't think anyone had the right to act the way Angela did, she wouldn't even leave Kayne alone to sketch. She should have been booted. Look at the pressure she put Vincent under with all her negative comments. I hopw she gets booted quickly because if she couldn't understand the simple concept he was the team leader than she has no place in that kind of business. I thought he was pretty nice to her under the circumstance.
Dee

I was astounded when she tried to pitch an evening gown by saying, "I don't sketch. How do you feel about an Empire waist? No? Gloves?" Somebody's way in over her head!

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Dee4707 said:
Ravyn Rant said:
I was astounded when she tried to pitch an evening gown by saying, "I don't sketch. How do you feel about an Empire waist? No? Gloves?" Somebody's way in over her head!
I agree - Angela should have been eliminated. How dare she walk into the meeting with Miss USA WITHOUT ANY SKECTHES!!! Sure, it sucked to work with Vincent - but she just dealt with it in a way that showed no teamwork whatsoever.

Even though I thought Malan is a bit out there, he clearly has more potential than Angela. I didn't think Malan would win, but he certainly should have gotten farther than this. Props to Malan, though, for taking the high road and saying that if it were between him and his partner (Katherine) that he should be the one to go.

I am very happy that Kayne (and Robert) won!!!

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I think Angela should have been disqualified for not providing a sketch for her design. Not eliminate her, but disqualify. She did not even attempt to present something! If she were an employee at a design firm, she would have been fired. :disagree: Though I do see why they elimiated Malan - his dress was indeed unacceptable for this challenge.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ptichka said:
I think Angela should have been disqualified for not providing a sketch for her design. Not eliminate her, but disqualify. She did not even attempt to present something! If she were an employee at a design firm, she would have been fired. :disagree: Though I do see why they elimiated Malan - his dress was indeed unacceptable for this challenge.
Sorry Ptichka, but I think Angela should have gotten the boot and hard too. I am so angry about the whole thing. She not only interferred with one designer but two. I'm just angry right now.:mad: :mad: :mad: ...........there's just too many Angela's is this world.

Dee