Project Runway season 3 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Project Runway season 3

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just wondered what your thoughts were on Laura suspecting Jeffery outsourced his work.

Dee

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Just wondered what your thoughts were on Laura suspecting Jeffery outsourced his work.

Dee
Part of me understands what Laura's view is. The other 3 are doing a lot of last minute work (hems, hooks, buttons, etc.) but not Jeffrey. Look at the work that Daniel, Chloe, and Santino had to do at the last minute - and they had 3 more months to create their collections!!!

OTOH, Jeffrey was never one to overthink his garments in the challenges. He didn't have to start over like Uli (the previous challenge) and Michael (fashion icon challenge). It appears he knew what his vision was from the get-go and didn't do a lot of editing (unlike Santino last season). Also, you never saw Jeffrey doing a lot of work at the last minute (like Kayne or Vincent).

So, at this point I don't even want to speculate on what the outcome will be. However, the previews at the end point to one possibility - then again, they may not show those next week (as in Heidi's 'we're not committed to a final 3'). Even though Jeffrey is not one of my favorites, it would be a shame if he were somehow disqualified and could not compete for the Grand Prize.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I wonder how much of our impressions of all this are a part of the editing process. I mean, Laura and Michael are not stupid (and Uli seems to be the only one in Jeff's corner); I think it's the quality of the finishing they were mainly concerned with, and I generally defer to the experts. For example, I am an expert in a field of software engineering; when I look at the code of people I work with I often know who wrote it without even having to read the comments, as some engineers' styles are very distinctive. I am not talking here about how an egineer approaches a given problem - that's akin to the designer's designs, but about how one simply writes the code - that's akin to the designer's execution. So, while I have no opinion on whether or not Jeff actually did get outside help, I think Laura had to have a pretty strong reason to make this accusation.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Boooooooooo........

What's the Boooooo for Ptichka???

I have to agree with the judges decision about Michael. His collection just didn't turn me on...........I wonder if it turned on Vincent. :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I agree about Michael. But I think Jeffrey was just too much all over the place. And I think his performance was just way too inconsistent throughout the competition to win. I would have given it to Uli.

heyang

Record Breaker
I agree about Michael. But I think Jeffrey was just too much all over the place. And I think his performance was just way too inconsistent throughout the competition to win. I would have given it to Uli.

I agree with you totally.

I do think that Michael and Uli will get plenty of other opportunities. The exposure of being on PR alone is worth thousands of $ to the finalists.

I'm wondering how Jeffrey will fit in at INC. It's not as edgy as he is and he's already got his own label Cosa Nostra.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I think Laura will get good opportunities as well. All her stuff is very wearable; I'm sure she will get good orders.

Dibs

Rinkside
I didn't mind that Jeffrey won. I do like fashion that has touches of punk to it, but the Project Runway judges tend to reward innovation and a clear vision. Jeffrey's collection was by far the most innovative, showed the most range, and he seemed to take the most risk, stepping outside of his usual style. Well, maybe except for Michael who went very far from the aesthetic he showed in the challenges.

ranjake

Final Flight
i'm very disappointed with jeffrey's win...but i sure seem to be in the minority...so i think people are seeing things i'm not. i thought at least two of the pieces in jeffrey's bryant park collection were "a serious case of ugly"...so bad that it ruined anything before or after. my pick would've been laura; uli second...michael, my favorite from the season, third.. anyway, i LOVE project runway!

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
More than Jeffery's win, I'm disappointed in Michael's collection. I would like to ask.......Michael, what happened to you???

The other things I was disappointed in were the stiff leg models. They were terrible. The PR models did good though. The music for Jeffery & Uli was bad, I wonder if they picked it out. Laura and Michaels music was the best.

One of the guys at work who like PR said ......if Heidi and judges liked Jeffery's collection so much she should have to wear them for a year. :laugh: :laugh: He said he's not watching PR anymore. We'll see when the next one starts. :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

ranjake

Final Flight
i know jeffrey picked his music...it's actually his band, "snitch", i think? i didn't care for it either!