Sasha's movie | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Sasha's movie

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
But Sasha was in the 100 most beautiful people issue of People.:laugh: Althought she was just listed in an age group, she was in there. Not only that, but you can't trust everything on the web.:)

About athletes that became actors, what about Arnold Swartzenager (bodybulding)?

Also Johnny Weismuller and Buster Crabb (Olympic swimmers who went on to play Tarzan in the movies).

Ronald Reagan was a college football player, before becoming president -- of the Screen Actors Guild. (Or am I just remembering his role in Knute Rockne?) :)

R.D.

Record Breaker
SeaniBu said:
But Sasha was in the 100 most beautiful people issue of People.:laugh: Althought she was just listed in an age group, she was in there. Not only that, but you can't trust everything on the web.:)

ahh, who cares, it's just a magazine. And personally I know better. :laugh:

R.D.

Record Breaker
because I'm from Texas it always somehow bothers me to see "y'all" misspelled...the apostrophe goes between the y and the a, not the a and the l!! :rofl:

1. Tara's ethnicity is listed as White. What would one think of a little Irish girl?

2. It seems from the posts that only Male athletes can get acting jobs. But there was Sonia Henie and Esther Williams at one time - a time that no longer exists.

Joe

Sandra_persch

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
1. Tara's ethnicity is listed as White. What would one think of a little Irish girl?

2. It seems from the posts that only Male athletes can get acting jobs. But there was Sonia Henie and Esther Williams at one time - a time that no longer exists.

Joe

Tanja Szewczenko is suppost to start in a German soap about Figure Skating (sorry the other chat is in german)

http://www.cm-system.net/~tino/viewtopic.php?t=2449

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
because I'm from Texas it always somehow bothers me to see "y'all" misspelled...the apostrophe goes between the y and the a, not the a and the l!! :rofl:

Thanks. I didn't want that to come across sarcastic either. I really meant it with proper use of the word(s). I do that with " 'spoes" as well, I think it is supposed to be "s'pose" I wasn't spelling all that well last night as I am finding. - what's new:laugh:

Anhway, I always hear more about Sasha then Tara. And I can't recall that percisly, but I remember over hearing comments like, " did you hear the youngest laidies skater....blaa blaa" opposed to now I over hear "I heard that Sasha girl fell ...." JMObservations

K-Mo

On the Ice
The thing about the list of athletes turned actors is that none of them were particulary good actors. They were able to win over audiences in vehicles built around their athletic ability, but will not be listed among the great actors.

jesslily

Final Flight
Sasha can certainly land more roles than Tara, but I doubt she will be a movie star as big as Meryl Streep.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
soogar said:
Sasha did an interview in the new Blades on Ice issue and it appears that she and Tara are very friendly and there is mutual admiration between the two. For all you know, maybe Tara is introducing Sasha to people in the business and giving her acting tips.

Somehow, I doubt it.:laugh:

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Mathman said:
About athletes that became actors, what about Arnold Swartzenager (bodybulding)?

Also Johnny Weismuller and Buster Crabb (Olympic swimmers who went on to play Tarzan in the movies).

Ronald Reagan was a college football player, before becoming president -- of the Screen Actors Guild. (Or am I just remembering his role in Knute Rockne?) :)

He was a on the Eureka football team. I live really close to there, they have a great pizza hut, lol.

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Though I wouldn't call Reagan an athlete first--he went into sportscasting on the radio before becoming a studio actor and never really went for a career playing sports. (If you're looking for actual atheletes-turned-politicians, then the President to look at is, brace yourself, All-American U-Michigan football star Gerald Ford, who could have gone to play for Green Bay but opted for law instead.)

If there's horses in Sasha's movie I'll watch it (I'm sad, I really am...horses or figure skating, I'll watch if for no other reason than to nitpick. Riding especially. I can think of one actor I know of who's a very good rider and never looks off--Sam Elliot. Otherwise, it's almost funny watching some of them when it's not their doubles.)

IDLERACER

Medalist
As long as this discussion has gotten this far off track, I might as well mention that Fred MacMurray was a highly regarded saxophone player before his film career took off in 1935.

K-Mo said:
The thing about the list of athletes turned actors is that none of them were particulary good actors. They were able to win over audiences in vehicles built around their athletic ability, but will not be listed among the great actors.
Best post of the topic:clap:

Now, will there be an exception with Sasha who may one day do the remake of Wuthering Heights? Far fetched? yes, but why not?

Joe

"At the same time, I do have to say it (acting) is a little empty. There are no highs and lows. It's re-cut, re-cut. I love making fun and doing that, but I definitely know I would miss sports, because there's none of that tension. You get a little nervous about your lines, but it's not like when you're training alone at the rink and have to make yourself do something over and over and over. To be an athlete, there's this huge amount of strength you have to find from inside."

Maybe she could try live theatre. that'll get one butterflies every night.

R.D.

Record Breaker
attyfan said:
According to this article, Sasha plays "the mean girl", so that might give her more of a chance to "stretch her [acting] wings" than she would get in the more predictable roles (i.e., playing a skater):

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/0719olycohen0719.html

apparently she's still looking to go for 2010. I'd have sworn she changed her mind. I still don't get the feeling that she truly enjoys skating, though. But she'd probably have to in order to want to go through another four-year process like that. Reminds me somehow of when Irina wanted to quit after 2005 worlds (this was before her illness) but ended up going all the way. I still can't believe either her or MK haven't called it quits yet, I guess it shows how much they really love skating, and skating for itself too since they already have all the titles (except the OGM, of course).

Thanks for the link, Attyfan. That was a much more interesting interview than the usual fare.

"What is your purpose?" I can see why someone would have to pause a little on that one. :laugh:

euterpe

Medalist
I think the references to 2010 are just Sasha keeping the door open in case her acting career doesn't work out. If she keeps getting bigger and bigger roles, she won't feel the same way about the stop/start/do over for a few pages of dialogue. It's very different playing a really meaty role where you have to shoot the scene having built up the characterization before going on the set.

It's true that stage acting is not only a lot more difficult, but also a lot more instantly rewarding than shooting a script piecemeal. There's nothing like audience reaction to make every second a new experience, no matter how many times you've done the show.