(VIDEO) Sasha Cohen 04 Nationals SP | Golden Skate

(VIDEO) Sasha Cohen 04 Nationals SP

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Thank you again DEE!:clap:

Something to be seen (at least IMO) in her facial expressions from start to finish.

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Nothing to do with the topic but I'm experimenting with using Flash Video to post online videos rather than WMV. The quality is about that of Youtube (not great) but the filesize is a lot less. Maybe less than 10MB for one program.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I thought you liked to share,:laugh: Flash might greatly reduce the amount of people who like to download opposed to load-per-view. It is safer for copyright perps though. Hows that going anyway? Quality wise, I still am a QT fan. with VLC Codecs (if it is ever that good to start) I get some great res.

R.D.

Record Breaker
VLC player can play Flash video (.flv), but not as well as a standalone Flash Player (I just downloaded one and it's great. It's free, too).

MKFSfan

Medalist
:laugh: Funny how that happens in the off-season!

Back OT, I thought that was Sasha's 3rd best SP ever (after Turin '06, Worlds '04). I remember how many fans were expecting Sasha to win that year after the SP, thinking no way can Michelle top her in the judges eyes after the season she had. Her LP started off well, but was not clean, strong or passionate enough to stop the slew of 6.0's Michelle would get. Nonetheless, it was a very good showing for Sasha, I thought, as far as nerves and dealing with pressure went.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
VLC player can play Flash video (.flv), but not as well as a standalone Flash Player (I just downloaded one and it's great. It's free, too).

Good info! Thanks RD!

I thought the topic was Sasha, Video and the fact she was sharing a video with us. Sorry, I though it still fit the perimeters.

That was a good point that Joesitz brought up about the "Robin Wagner factor." I wonder what her fall "ratio" was with her opposed to now with JN. ?

R.D.

Record Breaker
SeaniBu said:
That was a good point that Joesitz brought up about the "Robin Wagner factor." I wonder what her fall "ratio" was with her opposed to now with JN. ?

I think it's been the same. You can COUNT on about 1.5 falls in the long program and 0.5 falls in the short (not real scientific evidence here, just guesstimating)

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Red Dog said:
Nothing to do with the topic but I'm experimenting with using Flash Video to post online videos rather than WMV. The quality is about that of Youtube (not great) but the filesize is a lot less. Maybe less than 10MB for one program.
If this has nothing to do with the topic then why post it here?? :laugh: :laugh: Anyhow, I like quality and I don't think a little over a minute is bad for downloading.
MKFSfan said:
Her LP started off well, but was not clean, strong or passionate enough to stop the slew of 6.0's Michelle would get. Nonetheless, it was a very good showing for Sasha, I thought, as far as nerves and dealing with pressure went.
Good point MKFSfan. Her LP did start off very good but she had a really bad fall and I am surprised that she was able to finish. She bounced.

Dee

R.D.

Record Breaker
If this has nothing to do with the topic then why post it here?? Anyhow, I like quality and I don't think a little over a minute is bad for downloading.

Perhaps, but remember, not everyone has broadband. A 22mb file can take up to two hours to download on a 56K modem.

For me it might take anywhere from 2-7 min depending on the site.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
Perhaps, but remember, not everyone has broadband. A 22mb file can take up to two hours to download on a 56K modem.

Yah, but for Sasha it's worth it:biggrin:

Oh no, off topic again:)

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
Red Dog said:

Oh dear lord. I'm so, SO sorry for people in that situation.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I tried taking the WMV and converting it into a flash vid. However, the quality was compromised even further since the original file is already heavily compressed. It's better to use the source DV AVI files. But I completely digress.