Sandra_persch

On the Ice
Informant says:

Ladies Short:
Not a good competition, unfortunately

1. B. Liang 53.89 pts - clean and nice performance
2. A. Billings 46.77 - missed the solo jump and combination wasn't clean
3. A. Martynova 46.03 fell on 3Lz
4. K. Taylor 45.61 stepped out of 2A, probably the Axel and maybe something else was downgraded, because the score was low (I haven't seen the details yet)
5. C. Carquillat 39.02

Parker did well and Bebe in first after SP:love:

Martinova movin' on up! and I have never seen Billings, but she's right up there.
Poor Katy.

Joe

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just 1.16 point separates 2nd and 4th place. Katy usually skates a bang-up FS, so don't count her out of it!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to Bebe for Gold and also to Katy for Bronze. Good showing for the
U.S. Ladies.

Well, it's early in the season and Bebe got repectable marks. :clap:

But she left a lot of points on the table with two falls. At one time she could rely on her jumps to counterbalance PCSs that are only so-so. She has some work to do before Cup of China.

Hurray for Bebe! I hope she can keep up the momentum.

She looks quite heavy in the USFSA photo I saw. Maybe if she takes off a few pounds....

speaking of heavy, and you know I'm not one to point this out BUTat MidAtlantics when Emilie was handing out the citations, she looked very hippy. It could have been her clothes but the day was beautiful and in the upper 70s. Meow.

Congrats to Bebe and Katy, and to the promising Martinova.

Joe

Joe

This one?

http://www.usfsa.org/content/events/200607/nebelhorn/photos/liang-congemi-kc-sp.jpg

I think she looks OK. I think this is just her body type.

In the running feature that they had on TV last year, where they followed Bebe and three other skaters all season leading up to nationals, they made several mentions of the fact that she had to work, work, work to stay at her "fighting weight." This was especially a struggle for her when she was sidelined with injuries.

jamie

On the Ice
I wonder what Krauzers Short Program music was! Anyone have any Idea....Surely the x files music has gone! ???:lol:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congratulations to the Kerrs who won the dance event!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Ant

And congratulations to Matthews and Zavozin, who finished just 0.99 behind the Kerrs at the Nebelhorn. At 2006 Worlds, they were 14.86 points behind.

Lanie

On the Ice
And congratulations to Matthews and Zavozin, who finished just 0.99 behind the Kerrs at the Nebelhorn. At 2006 Worlds, they were 14.86 points behind.

Sounds pretty fishy to me but I don't like M&Z. I'm worried for Morgan, she looks like she's a stick. Poor girl.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Interesting that Zavozin's parents won the event back in '78.