How hot is it there? | Golden Skate

How hot is it there?

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Only 106 today. Had been 109 yesterday. Supposed to be 110 tomorrow.
I'm already tired of it. One day is more than I care to have. Keep kool!
:biggrin: :sheesh: :frown2: :boohoo:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Always great to see you start a thread that doesn't involve a "demonic creature.":laugh:

Well our news reported a comfy 100 today, but the thermometer on the house said 103. this was also the case last week where it read 108 and the news said 104? The report from Bandemire Speedway on the track was 154. I am glad I don't dragrace, that temp and a fire suit...oof!

Hope you are keeping cool some how. To hot for the snake?:laugh:

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Not as hot as where you are, but it was 95 with heat index's of 100-105. Thankfully, it rained, and cooled things down.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
The snake, I still am antsy when I go out. So far, I've been lucky.
I don't remember starting with demonic creatures. Not saying I didn't, too busy to check. I sure keep cool. Can't stand it very warm and my electric bill last month was $250, usually, when it's hot and probably will be next time, runs at least $400. One more reason I need to move.

Longhornliz

Final Flight
Its so freakin hot in texas all the time!!! I feel bad for the people in the rest of the country who arent as well prepared (its hard to find an establishment without air conditioning these days) and are getting the heatwave.

Everyone stay hydrated!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Grgranny said:
Only 106 today. Had been 109 yesterday. Supposed to be 110 tomorrow.
I'm already tired of it. One day is more than I care to have. Keep kool!
:biggrin: :sheesh: :frown2: :boohoo:

Hi Grganny:

We Canucks use celcius to tell our weather. It's currently 22 degrees and by this weekend will be in the 32-45 degree range. Of course, by the water it is cooler and inland it will be HOT - for us that is something!!!

:biggrin:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Grgranny, 45 degree celsius is over 110 fahrenheit.

That is hot for it up there isn't it Ladskater. Holy mollie!

antmanb

Record Breaker
We use celcius in the UK too - hottest day on record (i'm not sure if just for july or ever) clocked yesterday at 36...up here in the cooler north west we got 32...in the freezer that is my office it was only about 17/18 degrees so i was in my winter suit in the office!!

Ant

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This past Monday and Tuesday, our temps in Philly, PA were in the high 90's (about 97 degrees) with heat indices (is that the correct plural form for "index"?) of 100 - 105 degrees. We had some serious rainstorms on Tuesday evening which thankfully cooled things down significantly (unfortunately lots of people in the region lost their electrical power, though, many still don't have it back, either). Yesterday it got up to 91 degrees, which was a relief compared to Monday & Tuesday's temps. We're in the 80's today, but the humidity is coming back. We should get some more relief (from the high humidity) by the weekend.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Its about 100 degrees here in Richmond... I saw the devil yesterday and he told me that it was hotter than hell... teehee...

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kwanford Wife said:
Its about 100 degrees here in Richmond... I saw the devil yesterday and he told me that it was hotter than hell... teehee...
KW, you crack me up. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: We were looking for you at the party the other night. Where were you???

Anyhow, in Omaha yesterday it got to 104 but the prediction was for 115. What is bad here is the humidity, yikes. Talk about bad hair days. :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

brinababy87

Rinkside
It's only 81 today. It's been around 100 for a few days now.

It's a bummer. It's been so humid outside that the ice at my rink hasn't been doing so well. It's been very, very brittle and the condensation dripping from the ceiling everywhere makes these dangerous bumbs on the ice. :(

Sk8Gr808

Rinkside
Kwanford Wife said:

I was up at Williamsburg yesterday(but I live in Richmond), and it was around 96 w/the humidity in the 70s. I was dry within minutes of riding "Roman Rapids" :laugh:

John King

Final Flight
"How hot is it?"

It's so hot,Michael Jackson went to a little boy's lemonade stand just for the lemonade!

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Well, it sure was 110 today. A new forecast says we will have thundershowers and only upper 80's. I usually tell people when the weather isn't so good that it beats a blizzard. Well, I would rather have a blizzard! :biggrin: