Star Jones Reynolds | Golden Skate

Star Jones Reynolds

Arianne

On the Ice
I'm just wondering if there are any fans of "The View" out there that have some thoughts on the whole Star being fired incident. I liked Star on the view and I think the show will be missing something without her. I think Barbara could have handled the situation better after Star had been devoted to the show for so long. ABC said that Star was bad for ratings because of the freebees she got for her wedding and her unexplained rapid weight loss. Neither of those things mean anything to me, although it would have been nice if she would have shared what she did concering her health for others that are dealing with the same problem. Does anyone know what Star is up to now?

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I have watched The View from day one. Meredith was always my favorite and I miss what she added to the show. I was shocked that Star was treated as she was. BW surprised me with that. The one I wish they would fire is Elizabeth. She and Debbie Metanopoulis (sp) both irritate me much more than Start. Lisa Ling I loved also. I agree that Star handled her dramatic weight loss badly and IMO it seemed that she was pushing fo people to buy he book to lean "her secret". I think by not admitting to the audience that she had had surgery did a diservice to people who may have thought they could lose as quickly without surgical intervention. And before anyone starts whining about her right to privacy....well SJR hasn't been discreet about anything else. I don't see Rosie as a good replacement for Meredith because like Joy she comes from comedy. I will be interesting to see who replaces Star. They need a single gal I think......to even out the mix. Does Michelle Kwan need a gig......the mouse loves her and The View, LOL.

Last week Star hosted "House Hunters in NYC" for HGTV. She did as well as HGTV's othe hosts.

heyang

Record Breaker
Based on what I read, Star knew for months that her contract was not being renewed - she was informed before the announcement about Rosie's hiring. Her popularity #'s apparently have been declining since her giving free advertising to get freebies for her wedding and not being more open about her weight loss. A friend of mine works at the Toys'R'Us in NYC. She said that Star is a diva - she arrived at the store 2 weeks before Christmas and demanded that they provide her with PSP's (or whatever handheld game system was hot last year) and didn't believe that they did not have them in stock for her. She did all of this from her limo parked illegally and blocking Times Square traffic. My friend says that TRS has personal shopping service for celebrities where they can call ahead to arrange a visit or have things delivered to their homes.

So, the show gave her plenty of time to find a new job. They really just expected her to announce on Thursday that she was leaving the show to pursue other opportunities. Instead, she decided to announce on Tuesday that her contract was not renewed. TPTB were not prepared - who in the world announces they were fired so publicly, unless they are looking for attention?

I've always found The View annoying when I have watched it. The ladies talk over each other constantly. The show's original premise was to have a group of women of different ages and cultural backgrounds. Seems to me they need a minority female of any age, at this time.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I never cared to much for Star. I like Rosie better anyway.

Last edited:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
The talking over each other doesn't bother me. My friends talk that way when we are all together. The only problem I have with Rosie replacing MV is that there is aleady a comedien on the panel. MV came from news and was the moderator. I think EH will take that position now. Agree they need a minority also needs to be single.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
well either they didn't hire Ro or they fired Star. Because Star's ratings dropped Ro was hired...

I never cared for the show at all anyway... but I don't think Rosie would do well in any mix... talk about Diva...

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I watched the view everyday when I was in college and had a more flexible schedule, but I'm at work when it comes on these days. Meredith has always been my favorite, star amuses me and Joy cracks me up. I think Elizabeth is a nice person but seems pretty closed minded about a lot of issues (but i think its good they have a conservative on the show to balance out the other personalities).

When they announced that meredith was leaving I was pretty much done with the show, and I can not stomach rosie so that sealed the deal. Star's firing is unfortunate because that means that the cast will be really different than what people have been used to for 10 years.

I watch The View twice a year and that is 2 times too many,

Star I believe was a former judge in NYC. I think she dealt with 'suing' cases - not criminal.

A little clip in the news today said that the suntan lotion (sic) on her body came off on a celebrity's couch in the Hamptons, and the couch had a huge cleaning bill to get it off.

She's special, Star, a woman of the world, one who transends the mediocre, one who has reached the epitome of beauty and respect. can you not love her being?

Joe

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I always liked her 2 cents, on the View. I would catch it once in a while, but now that she's gone, I have no desire to watch it. They all have egos coming out of the wazoo. Well, the blonde girl, not really, but she doesn't talk much. lol