Shizuka's 14-jump combo | Golden Skate

Shizuka's 14-jump combo

yaph

Rinkside
The video was taken secretly where everyone was stopped shooting. Although someone wrote the youtube URL in FSU, FSU administrator deleted the URL because it was contrary to the FSU Privacy Statement and Rules.
I don't know how the video should be dealt with.:frown:

Last edited:

MKFSfan

Medalist
:eek: Wow! I wonder what possessed her to do a 14 jump combo! Who was the other girl in black?

Thanks for sharing!

Circular leaps in Dance are quite common. Shizuka did too many but all praise to her for showing them off.

Joe

backspin

On the Ice
Looks like they were just taking bows at the end of the show & this was a little encore she did for fun. It wasn't in a program or anything. Skaters often do this in practice, tack on jump after jump to see how many they can do & keep it under control. They do it a lot with loop jumps.

icenut84

Final Flight
Joesitz said:
Circular leaps in Dance are quite common. Shizuka did too many but all praise to her for showing them off.

Joe

They weren't just circular leaps, they were a 3toe, followed by twelve 2toes and a 2loop! lol - amazing.

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
icenut84 said:
They weren't just circular leaps, they were a 3toe, followed by twelve 2toes and a 2loop! lol - amazing.

Actually, it was:

Triple Toe
2x - Double Toe
10x - Single Toe
Single Looop

I don't see the point of doing that many single jumps in a row....

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
attyfan said:
Isn't there a Zayak rule violation? or does the Zayak rule not apply to doubles?

The Zayak rule only applies to tripples and higher (except in pairs where it applies to double axles). This jump combination wouldn't count because it has more than three jumps. A lot more.

Vampie

Spectator
Zuranthium said:
Actually, it was:

Triple Toe
2x - Double Toe
10x - Single Toe
Single Looop

I heard Shizza and Yukari did it in Dream On Ice encore (on 7/16). Maybe that's why Yukari looks bit tired in Skate Detroit :)

tully

Rinkside
Theatregirl1122 said:
The Zayak rule only applies to tripples and higher (except in pairs where it applies to double axles). This jump combination wouldn't count because it has more than three jumps. A lot more.

not certain but i think there was another thread recently where the 3-jump limit was discussed for a few posts, and it turns out there is no limit...it was an assumption which became accepted as truth, but nothing could be found in print.

Either that, or it WAS a limit, but a communication went out recently which dispensed with it

(maybe somebody remembers the thread)

antmanb

Record Breaker
tully said:
not certain but i think there was another thread recently where the 3-jump limit was discussed for a few posts, and it turns out there is no limit...it was an assumption which became accepted as truth, but nothing could be found in print.

Either that, or it WAS a limit, but a communication went out recently which dispensed with it

(maybe somebody remembers the thread)

The maximum number of jumps allowed in combination is 3 and the skater may only do it once in a competitive free program but, obviously, in exhibitions the skater is free to do whatever combinations s/he likes.

There was a threada few days ago where we were discussing sequences and how seemingly the number wasn't limited and how you could do several jumps legally in a sequence. While that remains the truth it hink it was hockeyfan who remembered the rule stating that if a skater executes a sequence only the two hardest jumps will score points.

Ant

icenut84

Final Flight
Zuranthium said:
Actually, it was:

Triple Toe
2x - Double Toe
10x - Single Toe
Single Looop

You sure? It's hard to tell but I thought they were doubles. Just rewatched and you're right some of them might be singles (the last few), but the rest look like they could be doubles to me. I think the video's confusing me! lol