GS Pizza Bake Off | Golden Skate

GS Pizza Bake Off

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Here's something EVERYONE can participate in.......tell us about your ULTIMATE PIZZA.

Here is mine...

thin crust, very light sauce, Italian sausage, black olives, artichoke hearts, onion, mild banana peppers,provolone and mozzarella...grilled.

Secret for reheating.......nuke til warmed through then immediately fry in a little olive oil to crisp up crust.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
thin crust - mozzarella cheese, some tomato sauce, broccoli, roasted peppers, sun dried tomatoes, Spanish olives, anchovies, marinated artiichoke hearts :party:

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
My favorite pizza has thick crust, sauce, veggies, mushrooms, and no cheese. Lots of parmesean. So, I don't think I'll win this, lol.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Anya no "winners/losers" here. Yours sounds good too! BTW did you see the PBS show about Catherine the Great a few weeks ago?

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Medium crust; not too thick or thin; sauce (not too garlicky), pepperoni, mushrooms, black olives.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Piel said:
Anya no "winners/losers" here. Yours sounds good too! BTW did you see the PBS show about Catherine the Great a few weeks ago?

They run the same one with Catharine Zeta?

New York style, thin but not crispy ( the type you fold) fresh garlic, broccoli florets only, fine diced onions and sausage sliced (not crumbled). Traditional mozzarella and red sauce - but white or pesto is good too.

Calzone - ricotta replaced with feta, onions, broccoli, sausage, diced tomato.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Not sure who the actress was that played CTG but was not CZJ.

Lanie

On the Ice
Thick crust but thinner where the sauce/cheese goes over. Lots of cheese! Mozzarella. Light sauce. That's it. ;)

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Sean I didn't see it.

All of these pizzas are making me hungry....anyone deliver?:laugh:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112031/
"My dear, I am about to seize the throne of Russia. What on earth shall I wear?"
It was good, not great, good..

I don't know if anyone else has Pappa John's but they make a thin crispy crust I really like too. Plus they include a peperonccini or two, good pallet cleanser.

Last edited:

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I just had a "done 90 second's" pizza, at Subway. It was a veggie one. It was REALLY good. Better than pizza hut, and that's saying alot from me. :)

Lee

Rinkside
There's a restaurant in my town that makes a loaded pizza called "Dam Good Pizza" -- and it is. That sucker is almost an inch thick -- and it's not all crust! Salami, pepperoni, mushrooms, ham, onion, green pepper, black olives...sauce and mozza, of course! Heated leftovers the next day are to die for!

My ultimate pizza would have all of the above, and add some pineapple and shrimp as well.

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Lee said:
My ultimate pizza would have all of the above, and add some pineapple and shrimp as well.

I've never had shrimp on a pizza. I'll bet it's good though.

Mine would be thin crust, minimal sauce, mozzarella, ham, bacon, onions and pineapple, dusted with parm. Yum.

Mevrouw

Rinkside
Any kind of pizza that is actually eaten by me IN ITALY!!!!!!! I'd even eat anchovies if it meant I could be there!

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
My favorite pizza is nearly homemade, except for the sauces, and sometimes, the crust. A nice regular crust on the pizza, topped with a thin coat of pesto, lots of marinara, carmelized sweet onions and an equal mix of mozarella and extra-sharp cheddar. (Some sauteed mushrooms might be good on it too, if you enjoy fungus. I avoid it, myself.)
I could go for one right now - the Weight Watcher's frozen entree I'm currently washing down with diet soda just pales in comparison.
Sigh.
Rave

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Anybody have a Nick n' Willy's take n' bake? They have a Mediterranean that is awesome.

Matryeshka

Rinkside
Pizza...nummy. I have more than one ultimate pizza, depending on my mood.

Ultimate pizza #1: Thin, crispy crust, light tomato sauce--and I mean light, as in next to nothing--LOTS of mozzerella, pepperoni, mushroom, and Italian sausage.

Ultimate pizza #2: Thin crust, pesto sauce, mozzerella and feta cheese from The Mello Mushroom.

Ultimate pizza #3: This pizza has a specific name, but I forget what it is. Crust that's thicker than most thin crust, but not quite medium. Olive oil is drizzled all over it (uummm...olive oil.....tasty), tomato slices, basil, and a light sprinkling of parmesan.

rjulie510

Rinkside
My ultimate pizza is thin crust with pesto mixed in, thin layer of sauce, blend of mozzarella, parmesean and a bit of fontina cheese, slices of fresh Roma tomatoes and whole pieces of basil on top.