Yahoo IM down? | Golden Skate

Yahoo IM down?

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Anyone having trouble logging on to Yahoo IM? No notice from Yahoo but in their question section several people have posted that it is down worldwide. E-mail and web page seem to be OK.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
it's not coming up for me, but that could be because I have a slow dial up connection today

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
A little factor I like to inform people about Yahoo's IM - it is AOL in disguise. So anyone who has ever asked me to IM with Yahoo, it isn't them, it's AOL I don't"do." I find Skype to be fine and the biggest prob with it is not many use it. They think they have to pay but that is not true, that is for some features they try to sell up front. Used it for 6 months (rarely) and never been charged a cent.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
well Yahoo is more reliable and fun than AOL... I don't care who owns it... I still use it because it's what my family and friends are on, and I refuse to sign up for another IM account on some other program when I already have three that I use and they're all pretty reliable...

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
It is not that I think no one should use Yahoo or AOL. But some people have issues with AOL and I thought I would let people know if they didn't already, as well (in my nature) to say there is an alternative too. That's all.:agree: Plus I wanted some one to know why they won't find me using it to chat with them even though I would like to.

Lee

Rinkside
I hardly ever use AOL -- most of my contacts are on MSN, and there are a few on Yahoo.

I read somewhere that Yahoo or someone is coming out with a service that will work for all of them?

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
There's a program called Trillian that actually puts all the major IM programs (Yahoo, MSN, AOL, etc) all together so you can use them with one main program. I use it and I absolutely LOVE it. I only have Yahoo and AIM as far as IM programs but it works great with both of them. I think you can do a search for it on Google to find the website to download the program. The basic one is free and has all kinds of cool stuff on it. I really like it and would highly recommend it to anyone who has more than one IM program! :yes:

SkateCynic

Rinkside
There's also a program that works for Macs (not sure about PCs) called Adium that's fab - you don't have to download the IM crap from AOL, MSN, Yahoo, etc. to use it, and they have a tab capability so that you only have one window open and can bounce from one to the other easily.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
SkateCynic said:
There's also a program that works for Macs (not sure about PCs) called Adium that's fab - you don't have to download the IM crap from AOL, MSN, Yahoo, etc. to use it, and they have a tab capability so that you only have one window open and can bounce from one to the other easily.
Have you ever used Skype - as I look into Adium