I'm going to melt! | Golden Skate

I'm going to melt!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
What is with the hot temps in California??? LOL I'll be down there in a month and my g'pa says it only gets worse where he is (GrassValley, CA) in August!

How the heck do you people stand it????

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Well, here in SD is not nearly as bad as many of the more inland areas of California, but today, we have this GLOOOOOOOOOOOORIUS breeze coming out of somewhere and after 5 days of near psychosis (I do NOT do heat/humidity combinations well at all) I feel like the monkey in those Sierra Mist commercials where they catapult him off the seesaw into the pond and he comes up singing opera. Long may it last. I cannot HANDLE feeling like a boiled cauliflower all the time. I'm only half-joking when I say I was seriously thinking of hoofing it to Alaska for a few weeks, lol. :laugh: :laugh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
if you don't like Humidity, you wouldn't like much of Alaska LOL :laugh:

It's been so stinkin muggy... but we're only about half of what you all are down there

Our high yesterday didn't even hit the low in Grass Valley lol

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I can take the humidity without the heat, or the heat without the humidity. Both? Too much of that and just put me in the [better be air-conditioned] asylum.

At least the air particles in my apartment (which does NOT have air conditioning, hence the problem) have finally MOVED AROUND for the first time in about 10 days.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
My best friend's first apartment in Portland had no AC and we went from our comfy 60 degree Alaskan style heat to Portlands overly humid 90+ degree heat... it was INSANE! Thankfully I got to fly home a week after moving her in lol

she assures me her apartment she has now has AC... and it better or I'm going to hop a plane home and we can forget our trip from her house to my g'pas lol

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
JonnyCoop said:
Well, here in SD is not nearly as bad as many of the more inland areas of California, but today, we have this GLOOOOOOOOOOOORIUS breeze coming out of somewhere and after 5 days of near psychosis (I do NOT do heat/humidity combinations well at all) I feel like the monkey in those Sierra Mist commercials where they catapult him off the seesaw into the pond and he comes up singing opera. Long may it last. I cannot HANDLE feeling like a boiled cauliflower all the time. I'm only half-joking when I say I was seriously thinking of hoofing it to Alaska for a few weeks, lol. :laugh: :laugh:

I also live close to the beach (in Ventura, CA), but this past weekend, my husband and I went to walk at about 8:30 a.m. at the beach itself -- but there was no breeze -- so it felt like it was 90 degrees. When we get a breeze, it is tolerable, but otherwise -- yeech!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
well you all just figure out ways to keep cool

I was listening to K-Love today and they reported that much of CA has been told to conserve energy and as such they shouldn't put the AC below 82 degrees!!!! That would be unbearable to me!

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I had no a/c when I lived in Portland, either, but it was nothing like what we had (the cooling trend seems to be continuing); then again, I was in an a/c'd office from 7 to 5 every day, too. Probably the reason I wasn't nearly so flippy up there.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Down here, we run our air conditioners day and night. Right now it's about 84.
Had 100 today but last week had 110, etc. Seemed more humid today too.
Trouble is the cost of electricity. Last month I was lucky and it was only $250. It used to run about $400 a month but rates have gone up and am afraid when I get my next bill it will be a lot more. Trouble is, I need it to be no more than 73. That is an improvement as before it was more like 68 or 69, :scowl: :frown2:

babyoscar

On the Ice
Ca

I live in inland LA to be exact, you just learn to deal with it, and try not to take it out on other people! it had been around 100+ for the last few days. Suddenly, on Sunday, the temp droped to about 80! I was jumping up and down for joy for the light 85F and muggy temp we had! It was about the same today too. It has been very humid since Saturday. Supposely the temp will go down this week. I think the slight rain on Sunday on a few places has helped a LOT.

there has been a LOT of blackouts. not where i live, but about 10 minutes south of where i live there were blackouts sunday, and some monday as well. people were just getting angry with the whole not having electricity thing. i don't have AC in my place, and i have learned to deal with using fans, drink lots of water, keep my place shaded with curtain, and just take lots of showers! not much is there to do unless you go somewhere that has AC, but once you go, you realize everyone is over there!

IDLERACER

Medalist
babyoscar said:
I live in inland LA to be exact, you just learn to deal with it, and try not to take it out on other people! it had been around 100+ for the last few days.
I live near the coast and it's just as bad. I was at the Santa Monica pier, and it was still over 95° even though it was cloudy. It felt like the clouds were holding in all the humidity.

babyoscar

On the Ice
Ca

IDLERACER said:
I live near the coast and it's just as bad. I was at the Santa Monica pier, and it was still over 95° even though it was cloudy. It felt like the clouds were holding in all the humidity.

Yikes, I didn't realize it was that hot by the pier! I love that pier though, it is so much fun to walk around in that area.