Foods You Hate | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Foods You Hate

R.D.

Record Breaker
PICKLES (wouldn't touch with a 100-ft pole. They also smell like ****, imo of course)
Cole Slaw (like another poster)
ZUCCHINI (makes me gag for some reason)
MAYONNAISE- that stuff is simply disgusting IMO. Can't even say what I think it tastes like or reminds me of here. Actually, any kind of condiment, but this is the worst.

evenstar

Final Flight
I hate:

Brussel Sprouts
Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie (Why bother ruining such a lovely dish?:laugh: )
Salami
Gatorade

I like or can bear everything else.

Figureskates

On the Ice
Shellfish, lobster, crab, etc

Bacon, sausage, ham, and pork. Everyone else in my family loves the stuff, I have hated it since I could remember...blech!

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
guinevere said:
Nuts in brownies, cookies, cake (any baked goods), or ice cream. I like most nuts. I love baked goods and ice cream. I hate them together. I also don't care for chunky peanut butter, but I can deal with it if necessary.

ITA, I'm exactly the same way. It is extremely irritating to me to be eating otherwise perfectly good ice cream and baked goods and have to pick those stupid nut pieces out of it. It's the culinary equivalent of driving along a perfectly smooth road until you hit five miles of speed bumps..... :laugh:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I eat most stuff, but some combinations of things really turn me off.

I like green beans and potatoes by themselves, but can't stand them in any kind of tomato based sauce (and my Italian mother in law used to make things like this all the time).

Instant mashed potatoes.

Most sweetened drinks. Most sodas, sweet tea, sweet coffee...I gag on it.

Canned peas and canned spinach

Peanut butter on a sandwich without jelly. Too dry. I can't swallow it.

Lee

Rinkside
Okay...at first glance, I thought the thread title was *fools* you hate. I could have had a heyday with that one!

So it's food...I *hate* (despise, can't stand, gag) brussels sprouts. I've hated them since I was wee little and mother used to force us to eat them. I'm serious -- the smell made me gag.

Something else I have no desire to try at all is sauerkraut -- it just looks bad.

Other than that, I'll eat just about anything...

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I don't eat red meat, lamb, rabbit, etc.--poor little creatures who would otherwise be enjoying their simple lives. Just the thought of eating veal or the cruelty of how that particular animal is treated, torn from its Mother, makes me want to cry. :cry:

I don't eat pork or shellfish and I eat very little chicken or turkey--and given how I feel about animals, my goal is to give them up completely.

Allergic to a lot of tropical fruits: bananas, cherries, mango & a few more. Otherwise, I love all other fruit.

Now, about foods I cannot stand: Asparagus, okra, cooked spinach (but I could eat an entire bag of it uncooked) and brussel sprouts. Don't know why. I like pretty much all other vegetables, although a lot of them I do prefer uncooked (e.g. broccoli, cauliflower--LOVE these uncooked).

Whipped or instant potatoes: gross. I like mashed potatoes as long as they're on the hard side.

Runny eggs--any egg that jiggles at me wetly. Just the thought of eating a sunny side up egg makes me ill. :p

Since my big weight loss, I don't drink sodas anymore. Had a couple of sips of diet coke, even THAT tastes too sweet for me. Also, since the weight loss, anything with a lot of sodium tastes terrible to me (e.g. a lot of processed foods).

Last edited:

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I'm not that picky, actually.

Of course, I'm not too fond of any kind of innards, but that's just decency :)

But I DO abhore anchovies! Had them on a greek salad. Put one in my mouth and bleh. Ruined my whole meal. lol

I don't hate pork, but I try to stay away from eating it. There must be a reason why it's not kosher. :yes:

heyang

Record Breaker
Eggs other than Scambled or Omelettes and Mac & Cheese and Tuna Salad. I think it's because I don't like the smell of hard boiled eggs and the Mac & Cheese and Tuna Salad. Never liked it as a child and the smell just signals 'nasty' to me. Oh - and Liver - never liked the taste.

I'm a lot less picky as an adult. As a kid, I wouldn't eat anything with mayo or cream based (ie. chowder). I like chowder now and if there's just a light layer of Mayo, I'm ok with it.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
RealtorGal said:
I don't eat red meat, lamb, rabbit, etc.--poor little creatures who would otherwise be enjoying their simple lives. Just the thought of eating veal or the cruelty of how that particular animal is treated, torn from its Mother, makes me want to cry. :cry:

Amen sista! :)

antmanb

Record Breaker
I'm not very fussy and out of politeness can eat anything.

If i have a choise then Brussel Sprouts is the number 1 food of the devil...i'll try one once a year just to check that my tastes haven't changed and that i still hate them!

And equally innards i'm not too fond of though i can manage a steak and kidney pie every now and again.

Ant

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kara Bear it's so nice to see you posting here.

Liver.

Dee

RoaringMice

On the Ice
Things I will NOT eat:

- Cheese, except on pizza
- Fish and seafood
- Brussel sprouts
- Organ meats (brain, kidney, etc.)
- Hot dogs
- Eggs
- Spinach
- Cauliflower
- Thousand Island and Blue Cheese dressings. Lumpy dressings are NOT my friend.

Things I'll eat only under exceptional circumstances:

- Broccoli
- Nuts, except peanuts, which I quite like
- Pork
- Beef
- Mushrooms
- Sausage

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Kara Bear said:
Bananas - they make me gag

my dad is the same way!

though he can't even stand the smell... when I was little and had that fruit scented bubble bath and shampoo if it was banana he wouldn't come near me after my bath! LOL

rjulie510

Rinkside
Broccoli: I hate it with passion. If it's in food, either I won't eat that dish or I will pick out every little piece of broccoli.
Cauliflower
Raw onions: Although once in awhile I do tolerate small amount of red onion in salad.
Thousand Island dressing
Organs/livers
Exotic meat: I REFUSE to even go nearby.
Snails
Brussel sprouts
Most canned vegetable except tomato
Fat-free Sugar-free "ice cream": Someone in my famliy bought this. No one ate it so we eventually ended up throwing it away. I mean, what's the point? You might as well not eat it, this is NOT ice cream.
Kraft singles: This is plastic, not cheese.
Kraft mac 'n cheese: It doesn't taste good. I prefer Annie's brand ones.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I think the term "organs" is something I would totally agree with being discusting exsept for sausage casings. I can't think of any organ that I would eat other than that, the rest is for the trash or boil it off to feed to the dogs - one exception would be that I will boil some of them with Turkey prep and robot coupe for the stuffing mix - NO LIVER, kidneys or neck:p