Who Makes their bed in the morning? | Golden Skate

Who Makes their bed in the morning?

Turandot

Rinkside
That would be a negative, unless I'm having guests or my bedroom is already clean... then I feel pressured to do it.

And I probably wash my sheets about every two weeks, my duvet cover once a month.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I try not to make my bed. Lately it's been very hot so I've been sleeping on top of the bed (no need to make the bed:biggrin: )

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
As I said in the other thread my treat to myself is fresh sheets everyday. A little luxury that costs nothing and really doesn't take that much time. The only thing better would for them to be dried outside like my Mom Maw used to do.

I do make my bed daily after a manner of speaking... but it hardly merits the phrase. In the summer, I just pull up and fold down the sheets. I don't even tuck corners in bec my bf is tall and doesn't like them tucked.

In winter I pull up the coverlet too. That's it! But it does make the room neat... as neat as it can with all his clothes and shoes thrown all over the place (grrrr).

I'm not going to say how often I wash sheets. Probably not enough. I would love to be a guest at Piel's B&B.

In the apartment where we've been for the past year, lots of our neighbors on high floors (well, I mean 3rd-4th floors) roll out their sheets to dry on wires hung between the window and a backyard tree. I love the sound of the wire creaking and it looks so quaint. I had never seen that before.

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I make my bed every work morning. I force myself not to fully make my bed on Saturday & Sunday. It's a goofy way of telling myself that these 2 days are for R&R. Actually, I pull the cover up and turn the top down. I wash & change bedding every week.

Dee:biggrin:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Oh SpunSilver you missed one of the joys of childhood playing hide and seek between the lines of sheets drying.......specially on windy days. When I was growing up every back yard had 4 to 8 lines of clothesline. These ran parallel to each other not like the round ones in the cities. Even after dryers were common sheets and blankets dried on the line were the best. On one of the TV shows I once saw where in Provence people would lay their bed linens out on the lavender plants to dry. Nothing smells cleaner than fresh lavender OTOH nothing smells worse than old lavender (too much like old grass clippings).

heyang

Record Breaker
I only make the bed when I change the sheets and when I know people are coming by. I am a 'neat' sleeper - the bed looks like the sheets were just folded down for the 1st few days after I change them. I probably change them about every 2 weeks. I wash the sheets and them put them right back on the bed.

In the winter, I use flannel sheets. Otherwise, I usee the 600 count sheets I received a gift.

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
Almost never. I don't see any point, its just gonna get messed up again at night! I'm a very rough sleeper.

I generally change the sheets every two weeks. When I do, I will sometimes finish making the bed properly, but more often than not I'll just toss the comforter on top and not bother straightening it.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I make the bed every morning before leaving the house. I hate coming home to an unmade bed!!!

Piel said:
Oh SpunSilver you missed one of the joys of childhood playing hide and seek between the lines of sheets drying.......specially on windy days. When I was growing up every back yard had 4 to 8 lines of clothesline. These ran parallel to each other not like the round ones in the cities. Even after dryers were common sheets and blankets dried on the line were the best. On one of the TV shows I once saw where in Provence people would lay their bed linens out on the lavender plants to dry. Nothing smells cleaner than fresh lavender OTOH nothing smells worse than old lavender (too much like old grass clippings).

Oh, I have to send you this poem - surely the greatest poem ever written about laundry. (And I love the smell of lavender! What a beautiful image. Thanks for warning re old lavender. Something else I didn't know.)

But I did know a nun who as a baby nun often got the job of churning laundry in some horrible machine. I think that was the washer, though (not sure).

Love Calls Us To the Things of This World

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
everyone should grow a couple of plants of lavender just to have a fresh supply to store between their sheets in the linen closet.....grows easily and doesn't need a lot of attention and that heavenly smell..sigh................:love:

antmanb

Record Breaker
Don't make my bed unless i've just changed the sheets which i do fortnightly.

Ant

Jhar55

Medalist
Usallay I change my sheets every saturday laundry day, but there a few time when its 2 wks. Neatly make the bed when I change the sheets rest of the time I just pull up the sheet and comforter. Since I live alone only one side of the bed gets used the other side doesn't get messy.
Love the smell of sheets fresh from the line, when i was able to do that I'd bring them in and fluff them in the dryer to get rid the stiffness, same with bath towels.

Wolfgang

On the Ice
Dunno if I'd call it 'making the bed', but I NEED to put a cover on, otherwise BunBun the bunny makes too much of a mess.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
you guys must be the most peaceful sleepers..... by the time i get up I have pillows in all corners of the room and the blankets and sheets torn off of the bed

heyang

Record Breaker
I have to try to remind myself to use the other side of the mattress very so often. It's been a while since it was occupied. So, I find that I sleep on the right side of the bed toward the middle. There's definitely a 'spot' where I sleep - even if a flip the mattress, it doesn't take long for another spot to develop.