Self explanatory...

Mine;
Soft plane Bagel lightly toasted
Red pepper ring
Roasted turkey
Provolone
Regular Mayo - light on top half
Polish Mustard on bottom half

Put in salamander, 1st half mayo and cheese. 2nd half red pepper on turkey - cheese bubbles, smoosh together and done. Ah simple pleasure.

Last edited:

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
Fresh Italian bread from the local bakery
VERY thinly sliced maple-honey turkey breast
Extra sharp chedder cheese (has to be white, not that awful looking orange color!)
Very light sprinkling of ground black pepper

Eggplant! a recipe from a great veggie cookbook.

Slices of raw eggplant are coated in cheese/egg; fried/drained; and put with tomato and onion (maybe lettuce) on Italian bread with a totally delicious spread - equal parts of mayo and hot mustard mixed with finely chopped garlic. My favorite sandwich ever.

ETA: Salamander, Seanibu??

Turandot

Rinkside
Spun Silver said:
Eggplant! a recipe from a great veggie cookbook.

Eggplant is the main ingredient in my favorite sandwiches!!

And they are:

Eggplant fried in vegetable oil on a grinder with roasted green peppers, provolone cheese, served hot

This one is kind of a half sandwich, as in it doesn't have a top.

one toasted slice of Italian peasant bread
eggplant strips cut thin and cooked in vegetable oil
roasted red peppers
cooked red onions
fresh mozzarella
balsamic vinegar

ugggh, now I'm hungry!

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
salamander.......infrared boiler...great for creme brulee

ground sirloin grilled with melted blue cheese on a sesame bun with slice of beefsteak tomato, vidalia onion. Kraft mayo, and whole grain mustard.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
An eastern CT 'small regular grinder'

which consists of:

a 6 inch long crusty loaf of Italian bread, the kind with coarse corn meal on the bottom, split nearly through and butterflied, with olive oil spread on both sides. The roll is now lined with cooked salami and provolone cheese, and fresh, sun ripened, sliced local tomatoes are placed on one side of the roll. It's then covered with lettuce cut like coleslaw. The lettuce has olive oil squirted on it and then it's salted and peppered.

For those interested, a large grinder is at least a foot long.

UMMM

Last edited:
almost anything on a crusty Italian bread such as peppers and eggs. Broccali, onions and garlic,. And even Ham and Cheese with Tomato and mayo. Beer, Wine or Coke depending on when and mood.

Are mouths watering with this thread?

Joe

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Panini with veggies - roasted peppers, mushrooms, provolone cheese ... :clap: yum!

heyang

Record Breaker
I'm with Joe - it's the bread that makes the sandwich. Crusty on the outside, soft on the insde American-style Italian bread or a French baguette. If it can't be brought crusty, sometimes I'll toast it, but it's not the same as the real thing.

Kara Bear

Final Flight
Any sandwiich my Dad makes for me. Sandwiches are always better when someone else makes them. :biggrin:

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Ruben!!! With lot's of sourkrawt (sp?) - YUMMY!

a nice lox, cream cheese, capers and tomato on a everything grain bagel!

An ultimate afternoon tea sandvich - thinly sliced cukes on a slightly buttered french bread with salt and peper.

and Gail's favorite - grilled veggie panni.

i am a bit hungry now - and it's way to late to raid the fridge!!!

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Yesterday I had a sandwich that I am not even sure what it is, but it was fantastic. It came from and Asian market and one of the slices of meat looked like it had octopus and squid in it, fresh veggies (carrots onion jicama parsley zucchini and onion) no condiments. OOOH it was good! I know it was beef and pork for the other slices of meat, but really don't know the head cheese looking slice was. A Vietnamese woman ordered it for me and and I could not understand a word. So Anyhoo, let my mental thoughts not get the best of me, tryed a bight, and it was an awesome sandwich, the bread was a perfect French roll, great crust and chewy soft onside - for a 12" $3. SOOO GOOD! I want another!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, may I add that I like "wrap" sandwiches as well - veggie & grilled chicken! :clap:

Jhar55

Medalist
Breaded Tenderloin with mustard & ketsup(can't get in the south)
Tomatoes on white bread with mircle whip :p
BBQ (not that crap you get in the south it's nothing but smoked meat no sauce)
Turkey with lettuce, tomatoe and honey mustard
an dof course the old stand by a Hamburger

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Well other than some of Quizno's heated subs... my all time favorite has to be mom's moose roast sandwhiches.... white bread very lightly toasted, lots of mayo, salt, pepper, shredded lettuce (only once in a while for me though lol) and lots of moose... *yum*

now I'm hungry....