Theatregirl's Broadway Adventure | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Theatregirl's Broadway Adventure

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Math stole my Wow!! I usually do a few wow's when wow's are appropriate to do. This thread desearves 3 WOW's.

Anyhow, glad you had a good time. I loved it when I went to a couple of broadway shows many, many years ago.

Dee

Last edited:

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
The libretto and the title card of the movie. Also Leroux, Susan Kay, and (where it hasn't been shifted to the 1890s to make it work with a crossover such as Sherlock Holmes) other writers who've taken a crack at the Phantom story. Kay in fact includes the construction of the Opera during the 1870 seige as part of her novel "Phantom", including the rat-, horse- and anything-else-they-could-find eating. Obviously the events of Leroux, Lloyd Webber et al can't take place until the Opera is built.

Interesting info. I don't doubt you when you say the respective dates of the movie and the play. I guess the costume designer just didn't agree with whoever decided what the date should be.

I always hate lack of research in movies and TV. So I get where you are coming from on the whole opera not being built yet thing. I often watch Gilmore Girls and it takes place in the Hartford, CT area, which is where I live. They always say inacurate things about Connecticut.

heyang

Record Breaker
Heyang!
Puff Daddy, I mean Beard Papa: :rock:
(Toupee Man's other hand is rubbing his belly...)
I will definitely be going there again!

Glad you enjoyed them! I gotta get me some the next time I'm in NYC. My favorite are the chocolate cream ones and the mochas are good, too!

My bf liked the chocolate puff and some other VERY chocolatey thing they had as the day's special (Sat.) - round, fudgy inside - even better. Moi - plain cream was heavenly.

For some reason, hearing about it on Goldenskate makes me feel like I have a right to eat cream puffs every week.

Plus the name is irresistible since my bf has a beard.
:biggrin: