Fabric advice please | Golden Skate

Fabric advice please

Wolfgang

On the Ice
I have a pair of black slacks, 3/4 polyester, 1/4 rayon, that seem to have developed an odd graying/discoloration in spots.
I didn't do anything wrong care-wise, did not wash or iron them too hot, did not use bleach, etc.
I think they were supposed to be 'wrinkle free' (which they aren't...), could it be some sort of coating coming lose, like teflon flaking off a cheapie fry pan?

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I think I would probably try to see if you could contact the manufacturer, or even go back to the store you bought it from. They would be much more apt to know what to do or how to contact the manufacturer. I would think most companies would go ahead and look into it themselves.

Could you have flicked bleach onto them?

I doubt it's reversible. I'd say your options are return them, dye them, or write them off.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sometimes fabric softner will do it. Try handwashing or on gentle cycle in the washer if that's how you cleaned them before and let them air dry, DO NOT USE FABRIC SOFTNER OR DRYER SHEETS. Fabric softer has a build up at times. Try what I suggested and see if it works.

Dee

Wolfgang

On the Ice
They're not clearly delineated spots, it looks a little more like, umh, cigarette smoke aginst a black screen in an X-Files episode.......
Sort of a ghostly, wispy effect.
Use them for a Halloween costume, perhaps....? :)

I washed them by hand in cool/lukewarm water with just regular detergent, hung them up to drip dry, just like the label says.
I'll try the fabric softener next, thanks!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wolfgang said:
I'll try the fabric softener next, thanks!
No, don't use fabric softner, that could be the reason there is the spot.

Dee