Worst TV Shows Ever Made. . . | Golden Skate

Worst TV Shows Ever Made. . .

P

Pookie

Worst TV Shows Ever Made. . .

Does anyone have an opinion they would like to contribute?

I have a couple to start with.

Three's Company :x
Just the Ten of Us. It was a spin-off from Growing Pains. Thank goodness it didn't last long!
The Jeffersons
Charles in Charge

I'm sure I'll think of more.

S

SammieJ

Re: Worst TV Shows Ever Made. . .

I liked the Jeffersons, I thought it was a hoot. :lol:

V.I.P.-- Pamela Anderson Lee

S

Show 42

....I'll contribute...."Married With Children".....yuch.....42

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:eek:live;font-family:helvetica;font-size:medium;">All of the reality shows.</span>

M

mathman444

Tool Time.
Ozzie and Harriet.

S

Show 42

Mathman, do you mean "Home Improvement"? 42

M

mathman444

Oh, yeah. Home Improvement. Also, Mad About You, with Helen Hunt. the only thing worse would be a show with Tim Allen <em>and</em> Helen Hunt, :lol:

MM

J

Joesitz

All these sitcoms are based on one liner retorts. In my next life I will become a comedy sketch writer in addition to being a top male model.

Joe

S

sk8cynic

Designing Women - An insult to Atlanta females

She's the Sheriff (Suzanne Somers) - fortunately this one didn't last long

Saved By the Bell - These kids should have been put in detention. Permanently.

Mathman, I couldn't agree with you more about HH and TA. Tim should have stuck to stand-up comedy, and I'm still trying to figure out how Helen Hunt won the Best Actress Oscar for As Good As It Gets. Nicholson, yes, but her? Yeeeeech.

L

Lcp88

I vote for "Who Wants To Marry A Multimillionaire?" That was almost the start of realitly TV shows. All the women would see clips about the "secret guy" and he would see clips about them and at the end of the show he had to propose to one of them. It resulted in huge media covreage and I think they divorced on their honeymoon.
Laura

P

Pookie

Gilligan's Island. What was Ginger doing with all those evening gowns on a 3 hour cruise? :rolleyes:

M

mathman444

Oh no, Gilligan's Island was a great classic. Now the Love Boat, on the other hand...

S

Show 42

Pookie, I agree with your choice of "Gilligan's Island".....Does anyone remember "McHale's Navy"? Another silly sea adventure comedy.......dumb......42

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:purple;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:small;">What about the Howells? 1) Why did they have all that luggage for a 3 hour tour? 2) Why would they be taking a 3 hour tour when surely he had his own yacht?</span> :lol:

P

Pookie

. . . .And if the professor kept inventing all that junk on the island, it looks like they could have, somehow, figured out a way to fix the hole in the boat! ;)

Now as for the Love Boat, there isn't anything worse (I don't think) than watching Captain Stuebing fall in love (every other week, I might add). :p

N

nthuz

ok guys...you can't have it both ways. Either you hate reality shows and love Gilligan's Island, or the other way around.

S

sk8cynic

....Passions

That has to be the stupidest show ever created by NBC. They deserve a Lead Pipe for that atrocity.

K

Kara Bear

noooooooooo...not Passions.. I love it. The witches and evil are stupid, but I am still addicted

R

rgirl181

I'm showing my age but..."My Mother the Car." For those too young to remember, Jerry Van Dyke's mother comes back reincarnated as his car and talks to him through the radio, which connects it to another terrible show, "Knight Rider," which connects it to another terrible, but world's most popular, show, "Baywatch."

Maybe we should do a "Six Degrees of Awful TV Shows" and see how you can connect your favorite awful shows.

As for "The Jeffersons"--awful? Never! It was on par with "All in the Family." Very funny and way ahead of its time. The Jeffersons were working class blacks who broke through the class barriers and made it to a "dee-lux apartment in the sky." Plus it had an interracial marriage between a middle-aged, middle-class couple. Which reminds me, being that this is a figure skating board, in the movie "Kingpin," directed in the mid-90s by the guys who made "There's Something About Mary" and "Shallow Hal," there's a short scene spoofing the figure skating craze. The characters are in Las Vegas and pass by the featured show, which is "The Jeffersons on Ice." George keeps skating around the ice yelling, "Ouisie! Ouisie! Get over here!" Not much of a movie, but I thought "The Jeffersons on Ice" was pretty funny.

Another candidate for worst show, although it was very popular, is "Hogan's Heroes." A sitcom set in a WWII German POW camp? It was supposed to be based on the film "Stalag 17," which was a great film, but Bob Crane getting the best of those "goofy but lovable Nazis" was in such incredibly poor taste--and it debuted about 22 years after WWII ended. "HH" factoid: Werner Klemperer, who played Colonol Klink was quite a skilled musician and composer. While atching the movie "AutoFocus," based on Bob Crane's life and murder (not for anyone who is squeamish about sex and perversity, but a very intense and interesting movie, IMO), the guy who played Klemperer playing Klink said he realized that Klemperer basically sang the role of Klink. Remember "HOH-OH-GHA-AHN!!!" It's opera, sort of:lol:
Rgirl

R

rgirl181

Joe,
That's the ticket, being a script doctor or a "punch" writer. I have a friend who is a "serious" novelist but in order to put peas on the table, he works in LA as a script "puncher." He used to teach writing at the university level but he didn't have enough time to write, so he got this gig. He says he just sits around with four or five others and they just goof off, tell stories, and joke around until they feel like going to the parts marked in the script as needing a big, medium, or small laugh or an "aww" (they really mark them that way). He says anybody with half a wit can do it, especially with four or five other funny people sitting around. So they pay him obscene amounts of money to "punch" or doctor scripts for three or four hours once a week, out of which they work about 30 minutes. How does one get such a job? Connections:cool:

I'd just do that and skip the male model part. As a writer, you still get to be around hot babes at parties, but you don't have to be a piece of meat for Calvin Klein or Ralph Lauren.
Rgirl