Cohen's beauty and polish not appreciated? | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Cohen's beauty and polish not appreciated?

Lonewolf

On the Ice
If she plans on doing another Worlds, she has to skate Nationals and again meet up with the US Queen of 3x3s. Will she? I'm not sure.

I think Sasha will be watching Campbells and Marshalls closesly before Nats to make her final decision.

Joe

If she is going to Nationals she will have to continue to practice, so I hope "Hollywood" does not get in her way. She states that "[she] will attend some Emmy parties and ... film a part in the Ben Stiller movie “Blades of Glory”." I also believe she will be filming a CSI episode sometime this fall. At least I think I read that some where. But you are right Campbell’s and Marshalls is something she will have to keep an eye on this fall. In addition to that she should also pay attention to how Kimmie and others are doing in the GP series.

Well, Sasha will have a front row seat for Campbell's anyway. If she wins that without working up a sweat she might decide to show up at Nationals after all.

Well, Sasha will have a front row seat for Campbell's anyway. If she wins that without working up a sweat she might decide to show up at Nationals after all.
IF. That's the key word.

Isn't there a Marchalls in December or did Mr. Marshall wisely cut that out?

Joe

Isn't there a Marshalls in December or did Mr. Marshall wisely cut that out?
That would be Mr. Max ;) (T.J. Max owns Marshalls).

According to the T.V. listing on the USFS site, the "Marshall's U.S. Figure Skating Challenge" is scheduled for December 10 at Boston University, just like last year.

Also, the "Marshalls Showcase" is schedued for April 15th.

Sounds like a repeat of last years "innovations." Some kind of America only Skating Idol thingy in December and an exhibition-type skate after Worlds.

Fossi

Final Flight
I don't think Sasha can keep up with Kimmie. JMHO, of course. Sasha would be "stupid" to think she can just breeze through Nationals this year like she did last year. Her performance there was not memorable at all.

Mao Asado has already beaten Sasha once on the international scene, and so has Kimmie. Sasha will have a lot to prove to the world, and I don't think she has the technical ability to do it.

She has only landed one 3/3 in her entire career, and these young up and comers can whip them out like they're nothing!

JMO (again), but I think Sasha has had her chance.

Actually, if the winter Marshall's is another popularity contest kind of thing, that could be interesting. Will Sasha inherit Michelle's title of best-loved lady, or will all the Michelle fans go over to Kimmie?

What about Lysacek versus Weir?

Fossi

Final Flight
MM,
I think Sasha will win hands down. She has a legion of loyal fans. I think the Kwan fans will split their votes and this will give Sasha the advantage. JMO, again, of course.

Weir has a steady stream of fans and is very popular, but Evan just might edge him out.

Oh, how interesting this new season shall be!

There will be a few (like me) that will vote on which skater skated the best. But you are correct, it will go to the skater with the most fans phoning in.

Joe

R.D.

Record Breaker
Actually, if the winter Marshall's is another popularity contest kind of thing, that could be interesting. Will Sasha inherit Michelle's title of best-loved lady, or will all the Michelle fans go over to Kimmie?

A lot of the Kwanfans will probably leave with her. So yes, possibly, but there also will be only half as many voters.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker

If I was a voitng woman this Kwan fan would vote for Sasha.

Lonewolf

On the Ice

That is an interesting point; however, this is assuming Michelle will not attend. Does anyone really know what Michelle's plans are going to be now that COI is complete?

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
I don't think Sasha can keep up with Kimmie. JMHO, of course. Sasha would be "stupid" to think she can just breeze through Nationals this year like she did last year. Her performance there was not memorable at all.

Mao Asado has already beaten Sasha once on the international scene, and so has Kimmie. Sasha will have a lot to prove to the world, and I don't think she has the technical ability to do it.

She has only landed one 3/3 in her entire career, and these young up and comers can whip them out like they're nothing!

JMO (again), but I think Sasha has had her chance.

I mostly agree with you but I am interested to see if Mao's body changes drasticaly in the next few years and how she handles it. Kimmie looks like she has already gone through alot of change in her body in the last 18 months, but it could still change more. Kim has not faced the pressures of senior competition yet, I am interested to see how she does.

antmanb

Record Breaker
I think you're right re. Cohen. But I think we can safely say that she started out the season strongER than she was after Worlds.

So she started out average, peaked during the Olympic SP and then it was all downhill from there.

I think saying she peaked for the Olympic SP is stretching it somewhat - Sasha does good SPs full stop. Her Worlds SP was good too so was that another peak after the Olynmpic LP?

Ant

anniemg

Rinkside
anniemg - Some of us believe FS is sport executed in a stylized way. It's definitely not in the same category as Beethoven, Da Vinci, Shakespeare, etc.

It is at times, though, somewhat entertaining like a fun summer movie.

Joe

See, that's a big difference of opinion between fans. I love this sport because it's not just about the jumps. And my favourite skaters are the ones that are beautiful, artistic and expressive and not just good technically. Give me Yagudin/Lambiel over Plushenko any time, Cohen over Slutskaya any time. I dont care about the medals or the perfect performance. For me, a great skater is the one that can make you cry of emotion. Just my opinion!

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Also, with all those 3-3's Meissner has to watch out for INJURY
That is something not to forget:agree: I wonder how the progress / effectiveness of the hinged skate is doing? Emily giving feed back on that recently?

R.D.

Record Breaker
I think saying she peaked for the Olympic SP is stretching it somewhat - Sasha does good SPs full stop. Her Worlds SP was good too so was that another peak after the Olynmpic LP?

Ant

You make a good point. Her SPs certainly tend to be better than her FS's. However, I do think that the Worlds SP lacked that spark that it had in Turin...plus, I think she made a mistake on the opening combo. So, looking at this from the big picture I still think it's fair to say her best performance of the season was the Olympic SP. Worse before and worse after.