ANOTHER Photo I.D. Thread... | Golden Skate

ANOTHER Photo I.D. Thread...

R.D.

Record Breaker
Need your help...and this could be a tough one, too.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/835/85046596mnc1.jpg

What makes it tougher is that it's the skater's back...and the photo wasn't titled, either. However, there was another picture (in the same gallery) of Cohen wearing a white dress...but I think everyone wears a white dress in the finale (right?).

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I have got to believe it is Sasha, Can't see the birth mark on her back because the strap is right where it is, but she has rings on her middle fingers allot doesn't she? It is the same issue as the last Sasha you asked about, I am going with first instinct this time though. Legs seem a little tan and it is most likely the start or the end of that position 'cause she does them better then that. Only other guess would be Shizuka, but it looks a lot like Sasha's tiny little build.

Just guessing though.

Lonewolf

On the Ice
I also lightened the picture. This skater has her hair pulled back into a pony tail. I believe Sasha normally does this when she does exhibition programs like COI, so I would agree it is Sasha.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I don't think Liashenko does this tour, nor do I think her hair is that long (unless she had a wig? :biggrin: )

Well...I'll take your word for it and put it in the Cohen folder. Thanks guys.

MKFSfan

Medalist
Hm...I don't think it's Sasha-dont remember her doing a catchfoot in the finale, and her tights were over the boots. Also, her dress was more tank top like, speghetti straps straight over her shoulder blades. At 1st glance I thought Shizuka, but the hair is rather long. From the pictures I've seen, Shiz wears a dress with straps that go around her neck, and that would cross over in the back. But I don't know!

Last edited:

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Who is this skater?

Could it be Irena the hoop lady? I can't remember exactly from Cleveland COI, but Sasha does usually wear boot cover and this skater doesn't have them.

Maureen

Maybe the 'waif' Sasha of 6 years ago,but the gal has since then built up muscles in where you would expect it:img116.imageshack.us/my.php?image=50742435oi3wm.jpg .

Off-topic:If this were a "Caption this" thread,I would have called it "Skating's fresh new faces".
That vertical spiral needs to straighten the free leg. A ballerina would never have a crooked free leg in her penchet arabasque.

However, if sasah could get that spinning it would be the wowest of wows.

Joe

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Red Dog, where did you get the picture??

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
and her tights were over the boots.

Good point, that is normally true and I think that was true in Denver, but looking at this pic it appears she doesn't have "tights over boots?"

Last edited: