Favorite Disney Movie Moments | Golden Skate

Favorite Disney Movie Moments

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
What moments stand out to you in Disney Movies - I can only assume more than one.:laugh: :agree:

Beauty and the Beast - when Belle Is trying to get back home through the forest and the wolves attack her only to have Beast come and save her. :clap: :cry:

Mulan - when she takes the weights meant to impair the ability to climb the pole and uses them to her advantage - bringing discipline and strength together was the way to reach the arrow.:clap: :cry:

Of course "Ice skating" in Bambi and Mary Poppins!

There's a start.

Last edited:

IDLERACER

Medalist
The scene in "Escape To Witch Mountain" where the coatrack attacks the sheriff because some martian kid is playing the harmonica. Solid proof that as late as the mid-70s, Ed Wood's cinematic stylings were still weilding a great deal of influence over much of Hollywood. :biggrin:

heyang

Record Breaker
Beauty & the Beast when they 1st dance together in the ballroom. The graphics were amazing.

Lion King when Simba's father died.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Beauty & the Beast when they 1st dance together in the ballroom. The graphics were amazing.

Lion King when Simba's father died.

:agree:

:cry: I think I almost cried throughout that whole movie(LK), might have been the timing of my life. I was baby sitting when I first saw it and when the parents came home they thought something horriable had happened.

Reminds me of Mighty Joe Young, that seemed to me like a movie that asked "how can we get the audience really mad and cry as fast as possible?" The way Joe kept looking and coming to his mom.....OK that hurt!!!!

Last edited:
Lady and the Tramp -- the speghetti dinner.

Dumbo -- "Baby of Mine"

Fantasia -- pretty much the whole thing, but especially the alligator and hippo ballet.

Snow White -- the song fest scene.

OT -- All time best Warner Brothers cartoon -- Michigan J. Frog. ("Hello, my honey, hello my baby")

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Warner Brothers :p who needs 'em when you got Disney?

One of the most exciting parts of any Disney Film had to be Prince Phillip's escape from 'The Forbidden Mountain' and Maleficent's turning into a dragon and then she's vanquished... heck I love all of Sleeping Beauty.

Also, Capt. Jack Sparrow's entrance in Curse of the Black Pearl... it's so exciting and typical... until we see the entire picture lol... hilarious and I've not seen an entrance top it before or since!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The transformation scene in "Beauty & the Beast"

Donald Duck getting excited about a pinata in "The Three Caballeros" and then asking, "What's a pinata?" :rofl: Also, the parts when he drools over the lovely (real, not animated) ladies in the movie while on a magic flying carpet

The "Circle of Life" ending scene in "The Lion King"

The scenes in "Bambi" when the animals are "twitterpated" (sp?) :love:

Just about all of "Fantasia"

Julie Andrews in "Mary Poppins" when she sings "Feed the Birds"

Last edited:

Jhar55

Medalist
My all time favorite Disney movie is the original Parent Trap, on the moments would be when Haley Mills pours honey on Vicky and she wakes up with the bears licking her feet. :laugh:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Mathman, what about Donald Duck in Mathmagic Land?
I loved the Billiards description and demonstration in that movie, I whooped butt on my buddies for years to come because of that little film.

I loved the "drunken Dumbo" scene, and the Murder song (of crows that is....)

Spirited Away (technically not created by Disney) When Chihiro pulls the bike, and most everything follows, from the River Spirt. It was based on Miyazaki's own experience as a child doing community work. I also loved the "cole loaders." - I forget their name right now. Again one of the best movies!

Pete's Dragon, "Re-lighting" the Light house, and the "Magic Elixir" song.

Homeward Bound, when the cat "crosses" the river:laugh:

Finding Nemo, (also technically not created by Disney) the edge of the reef scene...."He touched the Butt":laugh:

Pocahontas, the "Just around the River Bend" song, mainly for what Mikko / Meeko and Flit are doing during - looking at Meeko's tail and seeing the target:laugh: . It was also neat when they introduced her sister. Fun Playful. Oh and when John Smith first laid his eyes on her, The whole scene of her following and sneaking around, Gorgeous! To almost have killed something that would become so dear to him - what a powerful message.

I must go get Escape To Witch Mountain now, I haven't seen that in so long! Likely back in the mid 70s. I also am getting a hankering for The Strongest Man in the World.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Sean - it's Meeko ;)

the only good character in Pocahontas was Percy!!!!!

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
only good character in Pocahontas was Percy!!!!!

Only!? I know the Pugg thing:agree:

Mikko is the Japanese in my brain I guess, thanks for the clarification. Meeko:agree: and I still think he looks like Johnny W:laugh:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
My all time favorite Disney movie is the original Parent Trap, on the moments would be when Haley Mills pours honey on Vicky and she wakes up with the bears licking her feet. :laugh:

Isn't that the same movie where she cuts out the back of her dress with a pair of scissors while she's standing on this balcony thing a foot or two above her? I haven't seen that in YEARS.

IDLERACER

Medalist
I've always enjoyed the scene where Joe Flynn gets pushed in the pool by Sammy The Way-Out Seal.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I totally agree on the story, they screwed that up big time. I think they realized that when they finally tried to redeem bringing Poch to London in a horrid sequel. I also liked the real story in which they had the hard time communicating - that was much more appealing, magic wind:p But it is for kids and fun, I didn't expect to see a documentary.
The animation I would never call, horrible, but fails to compare, yes. Of course nothing is going to compare to Spirited Away or even what they did with Cinderella - as far as Disney goes.

It is too bad there wasn't a staggering drunk scene of JS in there in light of Mel's recent plight.:laugh:

That also makes me think of the "sacrilege" they are doing to Lady and the Tramp. I have an Original Movie poster and everyone comments on how much they love the colors. That was the stupidest thing the could have done IMO.

BOT
The Cinderella, "cindee rell ee" tune with the mice.

Pochohantas
Percy (the Pugg) and Meeko (raccoon) getting stuck in the same log:laugh:

When Percy sees the Mother Willow talk.

Percy eating cherries on the ship and Meeko steels them - pours them into his mouth.

Mulan
Mulan was probably one of my favorite opening credits of movies.

Mushu pretending to be the Great Stone Dragon as a silhouette and walks out from behind the rock, and Kahn (the Horse) tries trampling him, then Mulan questions why the great ancestors would send a lizard to help her.:laugh:

After the avalanche starts falling and Mushu is riding a shield along the snow and sticks his hand in to pull out Creekee and says "you are one luck bug":rofl:

The emperor saying, "you don't meet a girl like that every dynasty.":clap: :cry:

Beauty and the Beast
When Coggsworth and Lumier are "dressing" up Beast - he has the curls and bows and then smiles.

When she first goes into the west wing.

When Gaston Falls:clap: :clap:

Lefu waiting in the same spot out side Belle's dads house until he is covered in snow like a snowman.

The feather duster telling Lumier "I have been burnt by you before."

The best combo of music and animation since Fantasia is for Be Our Guest!:clap:

Toy Story
The scene in where Buzz proves he can fly. Then Woody says, " that wasn't flying, it was falling with style.":rofl: :rofl:

The "reconacince relay" as Andy was opening his presents - even thought the baby monitor would not have worked as communication.

Where Wood opens Buzz's helmet and he say something like "how dare you open a space rangers helmet on an uncharted planet.":laugh:

Snow Dogs, where Cuba's character (Ted?) acutely bites the dog on the ear.

When the dogs are eating the house.

When Thunder Jack tells (convences) Ted he is his Dad when they are in the cave, and talks about his Mom.:cry:

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
not to be picky or anything, but Pug only has one g lol

I love everything about Pixar's Toy Story... GREAT film... I don't think there's a single weak character in the entire film... Love Mr. Potato Head and Hammy...

"Hey look! I'm a Picasso!"
"Yeah I don't get it..."
"You uncultured swine!"

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
not to be picky or anything, but Pug only has one g lol

I was giving them extra credit, cause they're sooo cute.:laugh: J/K It didn't even dawn on me to think about it, Thanks:agree:

I love everything about Pixar's Toy Story...
...not to be picky or anything, :agree: but Disney "owns" Toy Strory, Pixar created it at their studios, kinda like a contractor. Same with Nemo. And now Steve has had his way, Pixar is a Disney owned (well stock merge or something like that, 2 - 1) company since May of this year - rather than contracting. Their films that were not contracted are only short films, CARS was the last film to be under this "contract umbrella" - started before the acquisition.

I hope that just came across as info rather than nitpicky:agree:

One of My favorite character in the Movie was Sids Car that had arms for wheels, for some reason that thing just cracked me up:laugh:

"Everyone got their Moving Buddy?":rofl:

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yes BUT Disney still calls the films "Pixar's" which they should (actually I think they call them Disney-Pixar's ______ )

and Disney also forced Pixar to renew their contract by threatening to make their own sequels to the Pixar films they own... quite the sneaky company they are...

Rex: "I'm trying for fearless predator, but I think I'm just coming off as annoying!"

hee hee....

you can meet the Toy Story gang (plus some from TS 2) at MGM Studios at Walt Disney World... I didn't get a chance to meet Woody and Buzz but I got my picture taken with one of the green army men... it was way cool lol

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
yes BUT Disney still calls the films "Pixar's" which they should (actually I think they call them Disney-Pixar's ______ )
"Kinda" I agree they give credit to Pixar, but as you know, they will be the soul owner of anything with their name on it.
http://www.hwbhost.com/images/toystorycover.jpg
Not that it matters as much as what you are say is definitely true to "reality" but not necessarily semantics. "From Pixar animation studios" - without popping the tape in and trying to remember and what was said in the intro to CARS.
Toni I do agree with you, I was really trying to be a little funny and informative at the same time in jest to the correction of the spelling of Pug - which I appreciate you correcting me on, I really do. I hope this is just a whatever and doesn't make you mad, I do respect you and mean it in that way.
and Disney also forced Pixar to renew their contract by threatening to make their own sequels to the Pixar films they own... quite the sneaky company they are...
:agree: That's Steve for you. I think he is in the right to a certin degree, Disney was the "producer" and Apple was the hardware and Mac the system that RenderMan was created on, and still used a majority of the time. So Diz gave the break and Apple / Mac made it possible. As well Disney has always grabbed when they needed to keep things going, past experiences in the 40s and 50s may have something to do with that.

Alladin
When he tricked the Sultan into becoming a Genie, "....iddy bitty living space.":clap: :rofl:

Last edited: