Which skaters could be around for 2 more Olympics? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Which skaters could be around for 2 more Olympics?

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
That is the thing I wonder about with Mao as well. She looks to me like her body has not filled out one iota, maybe she will be lucky(for jumping and skating well being strictly) to be like a Tara Lipinski and mantain a stick-like compact figure into womenhood but that is not a majority case. Meissner and even Kim look like they have already gone through alot more of the transition period with their bodies then Mao has. When she does how will she cope?

Also the fact she emphasizes the loop jump so much as chuckm has pointed out, is something that could puts more pressure on her hips and joints. I had not thought of that up until it was pointed out, but the fact she emphasizes the loop jump, in conjuction to practicing the triple axel and quads in practice, and does not even do the less punishing(physicaly)jumps like the triple toe which others emphasize in their combo jumping is something that could put too much pressure on her body, and cause serious joint pains/injuries more quickly.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That is the thing I wonder about with Mao as well. She looks to me like her body has not filled out one iota, maybe she will be lucky(for jumping and skating well being strictly) to be like a Tara Lipinski and mantain a stick-like compact figure into womenhood but that is not a majority case.

Despite her stick-thinness and underdevelopment, Tara still managed to do permanent damage to her body. Maybe Mao doesn't practice loop combinations 50 times a day, but the effect on the body is cumulative (Michelle Kwan didn't do loop combinations, but the general wear and tear took her down at age 25). Mao is doing in regular practice jumps and combinations Kwan rarely or never tried, so she may feel the effects much sooner.

R.D.

Record Breaker
And Kimmie too since she's a tech skater. I'm worried about her as well.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Despite her stick-thinness and underdevelopment, Tara still managed to do permanent damage to her body. Maybe Mao doesn't practice loop combinations 50 times a day, but the effect on the body is cumulative (Michelle Kwan didn't do loop combinations, but the general wear and tear took her down at age 25). Mao is doing in regular practice jumps and combinations Kwan rarely or never tried, so she may feel the effects much sooner.

I know Tara had a couple major hip operations. Didnt she have part of the hip removed in the most recent one?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tara had just one surgery. She was advised to stay off the ice for at least 4 months, but she went back to SOI six weeks later. Because of the too-soon exposure to the cold, damp rink, she developed arthritis in that hip. It was the nagging pain from the arthritis that made her hang up her skates for good.