Tarasova wants to conduct ISU seminars | Golden Skate

Tarasova wants to conduct ISU seminars

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Original

[size=+2]Tarasova wants to conduct ISU seminars[/size]

Having left "major" coaching work behind, the renowned coach Tatiana Tarasova, now a consultant to the national team with the figure skating federation of Russia, told the IA "Sportcom" that she will help anyone who asks for her help. "I will do it equally, and as much as my strength will allow me", said Madame Tarasova. "I am not jealous of my younger colleagues". Tatiana Tarasova emphasized that she considers herself a very lucky and accomplished coach, and would therefore want to do some good for the technical committee of the International skating union (ISU); in particular by conducting international seminars of single skating, pair skating, and ice dancing. "I hope ISU can use my experience, as well as my point of view. Because I've always had a point of view, and I always will", added the great Tarasova.

- Sergei Dymkov, IA "Sportcom"

R.D.

Record Breaker
thanks for the translation, interesting. I almost don't know what to make of this.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Why on Earth would she be jealous of her younger colleagues? In her time, she worked with the cream of the Soviet skating system, and now the Russian Fed is bowing and scraping for her services. She sounds genuinely enthusiastic about re-building the system and for many of the younger coaches, and she is committed to helping them to bring along their skaters.

She is the Grande Dame of Russian figure skating. What better position could she be in?

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Having left "major" coaching work behind, the renowned coach Tatiana Tarasova, now a consultant to the national team with the figure skating federation of Russia, told the IA "Sportcom" that she will help anyone who asks for her help.

Seems like she's pretty much done that already. Wasn't she coaching like 12 different dance couples from like 5 different countries all at once at one point, plus a few singles skaters?? Sure seemed like it.... :laugh:

I like this lady but it seems to me she's looking for a job.

I think she still wants to continue working solo as a Master Coach not unlike Jascha Heifitz, Elizabeth Swartzkopf and Maria Callas. Some top tier skaters need a bit of icing on the cake and that will be where TT comes in. It's a good investment for a skater to think about. I'm thinking of Kimmie.

Joe

sk8addict

On the Ice
They would be stupid not to let her do anything she was willing to do. She has been and still is great for the sport.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I like this lady but it seems to me she's looking for a job.

I think she still wants to continue working solo as a Master Coach not unlike Jascha Heifitz, Elizabeth Swartzkopf and Maria Callas. Some top tier skaters need a bit of icing on the cake and that will be where TT comes in. It's a good investment for a skater to think about. I'm thinking of Kimmie.

Joe

Well, like the rest of us, she's gotta eat. And those fur coats ain't cheap... :laugh:

Kimmie and Tarasova would be a good collaboration, but I think Emily Hughes could use her help even more.....

dizzydi7

On the Ice
Tarasova....

It seems as though Kimmie and Emily could both use some coaching from Tarasova. But I wonder, is grace, poise and elegance really something that can be taught. It seems to me that you either have it or you don't.

On the other hand, Irinia is an example of someone who, as I recall, reinvented herself at one point in her career and improved her presentation immensely. I guess improvement is always possible but a complete transformation is too much to expect.

Dizzy

Hi dizzi-di - I don't think one has to have grace, poise and elegance unless it meets the criteria which I would call SPECIAL.

I think TT senses the personality of the student and then tries to work on that angle and gets the best out of that skater. There may not be elegance but there could be fire.

Joe

dizzydi7

On the Ice
Tarasova.......

Joesitz,

You make a good point. I guess Tarasova has coached so many "special" people it's easy to forget all skaters don't have that something special. You are right about Tarasova bringing out the fire in skaters. If any coach could work magic, it would be TT.

Dizzy