Ginger Snaps | Golden Skate

Ginger Snaps

Wolfgang

On the Ice
Inspired by seeing my first Halloween candy display of the year, I went crazy at Hastings and loaded up on horror movies, some good, some not so good.
Best one of the bunch so far is without a doubt Ginger Snaps, in which two 'misfit' teenage girls are attacked by a werewolf, with rather, umh, hairy consequences........

This is NOT a comedy, and being a Canadian rather than American movie, does not pull many punches and does not mollycoddle the audience.
Not for the faint or weak of stomach, lots of gore, but not gratuitously so, well acted, good special effects, and about as 'realistic' as a movie of this type can be.
Belongs in the library of all horror- and werewolf- movie fans, I've ordered both the sequel and so-called 'prequel', if they're half as good as the first one, they're worth it.

I thought this was going to be a thread about cookies. I love ginger....

I also love Ginger (Rogers). Once I did a Google search for her and this movie came up. I had NO IDEA what it was.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Ah man.. not about cookies:p I was hoping too. Though maybe a new cookies recipe thread. Oh well. And thanks SS for the vision of Ginger Rogers, some of the prettiest legs ever IMO.

I have heard that movie is good and the sequel was worthy, but that is not first hand.

Anyone have a good recipe for Ginger Snaps? Hee Hee.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I have used the recipe off the Brer Rabbit bottle. It's the one my mother in law used. Funny part. She had written down the recipe for me and when I made it it seemed kind of strange the way it came out. Then it occurred to me, there was no ginger in it. She had left out some of the ingredients. We had some good laughs over that.

Heyang, am I going to have to put you on an ignore list? You are bringing up way too many delectable desserts!

(Those cookies look divine. I've never had fresh ginger cookies... and with vanilla ice cream.....)

Ggranny, too funny!

Seanibu, did you ever see Tom, Dick, and Harry? No Fred in that one, but a hilarious girl-fight scene.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Seanibu, did you ever see Tom, Dick, and Harry? No Fred in that one, but a hilarious girl-fight scene.

I vaguely remember that movie as a whole, I do remember she played a "ditsy" type in it and she was saying yes to all these proposals. I am getting flashes of her in fishnets at the beginning of a movie, but I can't place which one. Oh wasn't Burgis in that one too?

I don't know about Burgis or many proposals. All I remember is a great scene with a long pin. Watch out for Ginger when she gets that mad look on her face! She may look ditsy but she can take care of herself any time.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I thought that was the one where she accepted marriage proposals from Tom Dick and Harry? And one of the "guy" characters was Burgis Maridith? Was she a phone operator or something? Anyhoo I guess I will have to look that one up.

Yah, here it is..
http://imdb.com/title/tt0034299/

Burgis played Harry.

Gosh, how could I forget Jane Seymore?????? I guess I must have seen it UTI. LOL.

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ahhhhhhhhhh this thread is Ginger Snaps with a twist. :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry, I thought it was cookie related too.

Dee

heyang

Record Breaker
Heyang, am I going to have to put you on an ignore list? You are bringing up way too many delectable desserts!

(Those cookies look divine. I've never had fresh ginger cookies... and with vanilla ice cream.....)

Blame Seanibu who asked for a recipe.

Sometimes I get a craving and end up baking. I eat a bit and then bring the rest to work. Spread the calories around.

Jhar55

Medalist
Wolfgang think you got us all I also thought it was about cookies.
Love ginger snaps with HC Orange drink, haven't had any in long time either.
Heyang you could make so more and share with the rest of us. :laugh:
Well see how good a baker you are :p

heyang

Record Breaker
Wolfgang think you got us all I also thought it was about cookies.
Love ginger snaps with HC Orange drink, haven't had any in long time either.
Heyang you could make so more and share with the rest of us. :laugh:
Well see how good a baker you are :p

Did I say I was a good baker? I usually overcook at least one batch if not outright burn it. Next time you're in town, stop by and I'll bake you a batch of something!