Good "Practical Jokes." | Golden Skate

Good "Practical Jokes."

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Are there any? Have a good one in good taste, or a memory even of one gone "sour?"

I used to have little wars at work with co workers. They loved me in particular for the butt of the jokes because I had an office I was never in.

My favorites were the phone riggings. I would ONLY IN RETALIATION:agree: :laugh:....
A.
1. Pull out the jack in the handset just enough to fall out when they lifted it.
2. Tape the handset receiver "on button" down - and do this with a nice tab they can easily pull off.
3. Put tape over the mic end of the holes on the handset - same tape tab.
Lets hope it wasn't an important call or they are going to miss it.:cool:

B.
Easy and harmless, Masking tape over the trackball or laser of the mouse - use a little piece of tape to make sure you don't get adhesive all over the trackball - that would be cruel 'cuse that is a pain to get off.

Not if someone has back issues or if you see a desk that is heavily "Ergonomically friendly" - don't mess with health and safety!!!!
C. If you can, tape or "temporally" wedge something to keep the hight adjuster of the desk chair slightly open. Some times you can just leave it all the way down - most don't check first.

D. Anyone who likes to lean way back in their chair all the time, tighten the adjuster to No movement. Never the other, that is the difference between a Lawsuit and Practical Joke.

BTW, they twisted every light in my office so I had none out of 12 or more, that took them some time and had to get foot prints off my stuff. ONE of MANY that I dare not even repeat for I don't wish some of them on anyone. But the car full of Balloons was fun.

That is enough for me.:p

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
My dad and the pastor of our church (well, former now :() had a running gag that dealt with devilled eggs [sp?]

My mom makes some of the best according to both of them and so whenever we'd have a potluck she'd bring them and pastor Dean would swoop down and steal them and then wouldn't share with my dad lol. So my dad decided to finally get him back and he took 3 halves that for whatever reason didn't fit on the plate and he added Cayan pepper to the filling. Then he filled the hole in the egg white with the pepper added the filling and sprinkled the top with it as well.

Walking the food into the church Dean met dad at the car and proceeded to take the eggs into the church... he noticed the three extras on another plate and dad rolled his eyes and said "go ahead and have them Dean." So Dean popped the first egg into his mouth with this huge grin on his face... and as he bit down sweat began to pop out of his forehead, his eyes welled up and he choked out 'what did you DO to me?'

I'm not sure if he ever truly got dad back for that, but it's something he always talked about. He did clean off the other two eggs (he said he 'baptised them and made them a new creation') now devilled eggs are the ones my dad made... and the 'normal' ones are known as 'angel eggs' lol

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I've never actually done this, but the concept amuses me.

If someone has a ceiling fan under their desk, put a couple of greasy screws on the desk; this gives the impression of course that they fell out of the fan and the thing might come out of the ceiling any minute, thus unnerving the person who is sitting under it......... :laugh:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I can't figure out why a ceiling fan would be under a desk and have it look like it's falling on you? Maybe it's something like Fred Astaire's dancing on the ceiling?

I've pulled lots of practical jokes and if I ever remember them I'll tell you. :chorus: :chorus: :chorus:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
When my niece Danielle was 8 or 9 she wanted a birthday cake that was plain white with a picture of Lita Ford's guitar on it in frosting and the message "Happy Heavy Metal Birthday Danielle". I ordered a regular BD cake from the bakery and decided to make her the cake she wanted...........kind of. All we heard from her was how she wanted a heavy metal BD cake....and that she got. I turned a metal 9X13 cake pan upside down, put some stuff to weight it underneath and adhered it to a cake board. Then I frosted it and decorated it exactly as she requested.. By piping little mounds of frosting I was even able to "insert" candles. The look on her face when she tried to cut the cake was priceless.:biggrin:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I can't figure out why a ceiling fan would be under a desk and have it look like it's falling on you? Maybe it's something like Fred Astaire's dancing on the ceiling?

I've pulled lots of practical jokes and if I ever remember them I'll tell you. :chorus: :chorus: :chorus:

You got me. I did indeed mean OVER a desk; I didn't even catch that until I was trying to figure out what on earth you were talking about. Hey -- it was 4:50 in the morning, a little too early to be bothered with such technical details.... :chorus: :chorus: :chorus:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I just remembered a couple. This one wasn't all that funny. When my husband was sent to Seattle, they all had motel rooms and when my kids & I went later,
I was the only wife there so had guys coming all the time. My husband and a guy went to get their beer out of the fridge and I had taken some of the empty bottles and put them in the front with coffee in them. They got a little bit of a kick out of it.

When my kids were in grade school, my daughter was in a program and the parents were there. I was visiting with the lady next to me, we did not know each other and I told her that my daughter was the one in the white blouse and black skirt. When they came out they all had white blouses and black skirts.

This was also on the trip in Seattle. Some guys were there and we were drinking wine. I went in the kitchen and poured a bottle of wine in something and came out waving the empty bottle and weaving and so they ran across the street to get more. Of course, then I had to show them I hadn't really drank it all.

When we were having this house built I had a pair of those blow up legs. I put a dress and sox, etc. and had them laying like the lady had fallen face down in the shower with her legs coming out of the shower. The first guy in there that day saw it and ran back upstairs to tell the boss and he went and looked. Boy did they ever have fun with that.

I know I have pulled lots of them and hopefully I will remember a few more.

Jhar55

Medalist
This happend to me when I went on vacation.
They put blocks under one corner of my desk, packing tape on my keyboard, wire tied my phone cord so couldn't pick up reciver and put packing tape on the wheels of my chair. Oh and put a framed picture of Tara on my desk with a note my best friend. (they know I don't care for her)

Another joke they emptyed out a mangers office only left what couldn't be moved.

But the very best was all the mangers left for the day we went in the directors office set around the meeting table acted like we were playeing cards, drinking had 7up in champane glasses. Taking pictures to show them what we really did while they were gone, only to have the General manger walk in on us all he said was he didn't want to know what we were drinking set down to join in.:rock:

Those were the good days

John King

Final Flight
In 1991,on Moday April 1st (when else?),I had just finished doing nightshift security in this office complex,when I pulled this one on the assiatant manager,Edith.

"Didja hear the news?Late last night,some crazed daredevil parachuted out of the PetroCanada building (the tallest building in Calgary)"

"No!Oh my god!He must have been on drugs or something!"

"Well,luckily for him he some-landed.You know,if he tried that 10 years ago,he would've been a goner.Because...back then......nothing would open on a Sunday."

Took her a few moments "JOHN!GET OUT OF HERE!

A few years prior to that,I was working the Eaton's Fur Sale,along with a supervisor.I posited a puzzle to her:

"What I don't understand is this rack that says Fur & Leather jackets.How do they get fur and leather jackets,what do they do,hunt biker rabbits?"

"No,John,you see they have these farms in which they raise..........You're pulling my leg,aren't you John?"

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
When hubby was in college and we were engaged he lived at the YMCA and I lived in the YWCA working girls dorm for low income. We pooled our laundry.
They had just come out with laudromats and automatic machines. So, I took it home with me and ironed his stuff, etc. I took a pair of his shorts and basted shut his opening. It was done so all he had to do was pull on the thread. He came out of the bathroom holding that string and said something about who's the culprit. I decided they needed some help so I took and put some lace & ribbons on one. He thought it was so funny he went up and down his hall showing all the guys what I did.