Where are the men Red Dog? | Golden Skate

Where are the men Red Dog?

R.D.

Record Breaker
err, hehe...that's a different story. I don't collect men's pictures, and don't collect pairs or dance (with the exception of the Olympics, where the pairs/dance photos were just too good to pass up...and also pics with Tanith in them). Anyway, even if I did find pictures of the men, I could no longer post them here due to new "copyright concerns" over the original source of the image(s). That's why the originals are getting deleted in the first place.

Why not leave that to a lady to post pics of the men. I have no interest whatsoever in men's skating, and besides on the picture forums it's the WOMEN that get posted more often than never (most of them are guys, get it?). Male skaters practically never get posted, and even for those pairs and dance photos I had to go to a special forum that requires account approval. There are some forums where male celebrity photos are posted but I never go there.

Last edited:

soogar

Record Breaker
What "copyright" concerns? Interesting how the people who have the concerns aren't the ones who took the photos in the first place. If people don't want photos to be used, they either need to stick a logo in the center of them or make them difficult to download, or not post them at all.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I agree with you. And many many people do that. You'd think the ones most concerned about copyrights would do all they can to MAKE SURE people know that the photo(s) is/are theirs. Whether it's watermarking the image, tagging the image, or making the image so small that most people wouldn't want it anyway, they'll find a way.

But I guess in this case we have to be better "safe than sorry".

R.D.

Record Breaker
However- I think there have been instances where select people (mostly private photographers who photograph fashion shoots) get really mad when their photos are used without permission and go as far as lawsuits, etc.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hey, you have loads of photos of the ladies but how about the men?
Sooger, did you check out the picuture Eye Candy one in Red Dog's other thread about the unidentified skater falling down or whatever?? Now, that's the kind of men's pictures I like. :love:

Dee

R.D.

Record Breaker
so there you go. You ladies have pictures of the men also. :biggrin: I'm doing my part to fill the void and entertain the guys as well...however few of them there might be...:laugh: :chorus:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I really agree with Red Dog's way of thinking here. Makes sense. The Guys I like to watch in motion, action - but to "collect" pics of guys:p

There is a few good shots once and awhile of guys, but It is usually something like Evan hanging around Tanith or Pairs and Dance.:laugh:

Beside the sexual preference even, Women are just "beauty":love: - men are more "utilitarian":cool: .

R.D.

Record Breaker
The only circumstance I would collect a pic of a male skater is if they are posing with a female skater ;) In that case I have plenty of pics with male skaters in them but they are always with a lady or ladies :laugh:

I prefer original pics by Golden Skate members. It's fun to see our fellow forum members taking pics of the skaters and posting them on the board.

I remember Jaana posting some pics she took at a competition which covered the whole gamit of disciplines. Most of them looked so professionally done.

Joe

R.D.

Record Breaker
It's also nice to see personal photos but of course, never having been to a skating competition I never got the opportunity to take skating photos myself. :scratch:

R.D.

Record Breaker
ah, that's for you gals to find...

I got my source. I know you can find yours if you search ;)