Bend It Like Beckett | Golden Skate

Bend It Like Beckett

M

mathman444

Bend It Like Beckett

Anybody up for a feel good movie? Check out "Bend it." A coming of age/culture clash kind of movie about a teenaged Indian girl in England.

I don't want to give anything away, but let's just say that when our gal lines up for the big penalty kick in the championship soccer game, the sound track chimes in with "Nessum Dorma."

Mathman

R

rgirl181

Re: Bend It Like Becket

"Bend It Like Becket," Mathman? Does that have Vladimir and Estragon doing gymnastics?:p I know you mean "Bend It Like Beckham," but I owed you one for "3-21":lol:
Rgirl

F

Freddy the Pig 2

Re: Bend It Like Becket

(With apologies to Joesitz, whose one-liner on another thread inspired this poem.)

Vladamir and Estragon, waiting for Godot.
Freddy gives a prophesy for twenty-ought-and-fo'.
There's only two things certain, don't ask me any mo':
Godot won't come and Michelle won't go.

Freddy

L

Ladskater

Re: Bend It Like Beckett

Mathman:

My sister raved about the movie. I will likely have to wait until it comes out on video, unless I drag my mom to see it.

Ladskater

K

Kasey

I thought it was "Bend it like Beckham"????

S

schmooze1

:rollin: :rollin: :rollin:

It is 'Bend it like Beckham' David Beckham is actually one of Britains top footballers and he plays for the top team in the country Manchester United. At the moment he is trying to make a name for himself and his singer(?) wife Victoria in the States. I am sure he will be very pleased to here himself referred to as Beckett!!! :lol: