A beautiful tribute to Sasha montage | Golden Skate

A beautiful tribute to Sasha montage

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
The clips are nice, they show the best aspects of Sasha's skating and the whole thing is well edited. The song by itself is okay, but I really don't feel like it fits Sasha, or her mentality, at all.

Lanie

On the Ice
I think a lot of Sasha montages just simply aren't very good at all - the music makes no sense. It's all done by a bunch of youngsters on SashaFans, mostly, who just piece stuff together iwht no clue as to flow for the video matching the music (the lyrics or otherwise), the skater the montage is about, etc. I'm such an elitist. :chorus:

MKFSfan

Medalist
I thought the montage was well done, edited nicely and the creater chose beautiful shots. Definitely not the music I would associate with Sasha. She needs something more jazzy and fiesty, IMO!

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I thought it was well done and I actually liked the music choice... Sasha is very clear that she feels that she is a champion and gets sick of everyone questioning her champion qualities, so while I view her as fiesty and a touch arrogant, the music fits that obvious desire to prove it on the ice and to her critics.

I do wish, however, that clips from Tat's black & white swan had been added... now that was the one Sasha program that almost made me a fan... such a beautiful program.

(off topic... Lanie you are soo correct about the overall quality of most montages, alot just make you go "huh?")

R.D.

Record Breaker
I think a lot of Sasha montages just simply aren't very good at all - the music makes no sense. It's all done by a bunch of youngsters on SashaFans, mostly, who just piece stuff together iwht no clue as to flow for the video matching the music (the lyrics or otherwise), the skater the montage is about, etc. I'm such an elitist. :chorus:

Make that two who think the same way (actually I would extend that to montages of all skaters...just NOT a fan of montages in general)...and I'm not even bothering to look at this one.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Make that two who think the same way (actually I would extend that to montages of all skaters...just NOT a fan of montages in general)...and I'm not even bothering to look at this one.
To be quite frank with you I don't understand your post at all.

Anyhow, from a technical viewpoint, montages are in my opinion difficult to do. You have to make the right edit at the right time and you're working with several clips. I know when I make photo video files finding the music is the hardest for me. I have to have the right music to feel satisfied. I think the person Diana did a very good job both technically and musically.

If all of you who commented negatively about this montage, could you post some of the ones you did so we could compare as to the good/bad job you did.

Dee

Lanie, oh my goodness! Those were both great, but Nearer My God to Thee struck me to my soul. I am speechless.

MM.

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
If all of you who commented negatively about this montage, could you post some of the ones you did so we could compare as to the good/bad job you did.

Dee

One doesn't have to be proficient in something to see the fault in it. I mean, look at figure skating judges. They can judge whether a move was done well or not and assign GOEs and all that, doesn't mean that they can go out there and do it any better.

MKFSfan

Medalist
Lanie the one you made for Angela is so beautiful (they both are!) and brought tears to my eyes. Angela is a beautiful person and skater who has been through a lot and your tribute captured that. Thank you for sharing!

R.D.

Record Breaker
One doesn't have to be proficient in something to see the fault in it. I mean, look at figure skating judges. They can judge whether a move was done well or not and assign GOEs and all that, doesn't mean that they can go out there and do it any better.

:) :agree:

Lanie

On the Ice
Lanie the one you made for Angela is so beautiful (they both are!) and brought tears to my eyes. Angela is a beautiful person and skater who has been through a lot and your tribute captured that. Thank you for sharing!

You're welcome. :) I've long been a fan of Angela and for this duel I got the music picked for me and I thought, in the brief time I'm allowed for this duel, I'd tell her story--it just seemed perfect. And what's even better is we all know how she's doing better, being a successful coach too... I wsa sniffly when I was making it.