Funding story about Rochette and coach | Golden Skate

Funding story about Rochette and coach

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
It's about time our Canadian skaters receive some extra help in this department. Most of the time they have to struggle financially to keep up with their training. This will really help Joannie advance this season. What great news!!!

chania36

On the Ice
That is so great for Joannie... She will be able to train more and not worry about money has they often do in amateur skating.... People tend to think that it is not that expensive to take lessons but it is...

When I was younger I did some and when I was in the figure school, even there it was like some $40.00 for each lesson, like 45 minutes.... so if it is 3 or 4 times a week and all the other things, imagine a year of skating what the cost is... Canada should give more to an athlete who is a full time one, they do not get that much.... I am not sure but I think it is something like 1,000 to 1,200 a month, depending on the level of competition, when you think of all the travelling, with the coach, expenses for hotels, food, flight, costumes, you have to live somewhere, so a small thousand is not that much but it is better then nothing, lots of good skaters stop skating because they do not have the funds to continue.

lisadotdash

Rinkside