Cze Results | Golden Skate

Cze Results

Seems like after the SP, Tommy Steenberg is in second place, in the Men. Tatsuki Machido (Japan) in first with 3 points over him, but Tommy is better in the PCS scores. Douglas Razzano in ninth place. That was a surprise, and V. Uspenski in eleventh.

Megan Oster is in first place in the Ladies. Issakova (Estonia) in 2nd. Melissa Bulenhagui in fifth. Both Megan and Melissa have the highest PCS scores.

Joe

Yes, it's official. The ladies who made the final are Zhang, Wagner, Cannarazzo, Oster, Takeda, Suizu, Berton and Bulanhagui.

Alternates are Lafluente, Kozireva and Choi.

http://www.isufs.org/events/jgp2006/jgpsladies.htm

This contest shows how weird the CoP can be sometinmes. Bulanhagui won the free skate but only finished fourth overall.

5 US Ladies out of 8. Which one will grab the gold? Maybe the Italian?

Too bad about the Estonian gals after doing so well in this competiition didn't make it to the GPF, but let's remember them in the future.

Joe

Mathman - I understand the placements of the ties according to the scores.

But in the substitutes, LaFuente's scores were lower than Korzireva's. What was it that made LaFuente place higher?

Joe

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
Mathman - I understand the placements of the ties according to the scores.

But in the substitutes, LaFuente's scores were lower than Korzireva's. What was it that made LaFuente place higher?

Joe

I realize you adressed this to mathman, but here I go anyways.

The first tie-breaker is highest placement. So, for example, a win and a 3rd place would beat 2 second places. The second tie breaker (assuming they've had the same placements) is points.