Halloween Special | Golden Skate

Halloween Special

ladybug

On the Ice
I turned in to NBC today expecting to watch 1 1/2 hours of skating. It was supposed to be the Halloween special. Because of a car racing competition eating into the beginning and the news eating into the end, we only got about 8 minutes of the show. In those 8 minutes, it looked like it was going to be very enjoyable.

Does anyone know if this show will be repeated. You internet savy posters seem to have a way of finding out those things. :rock:

Ladybug

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
not sure about a repeat, if it were to repeat it'd probably be a last minute show on Halloween day... would be my guess...

it was pretty good, could have done without Nancy Kerrigan entirely... on the tv version she was the star that didn't do much...

Kurt and Todd were the show stoppers for me

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I enjoyed what I saw, but shame on NBC for pre-empting at least 25 minutes of the show by showing NASCAR! :cry: :disapp:

I read somewhere that this show is supposed to be re-aired on the Style Network from 6:30 to 8 PM today. So, if you have that channel, check it out (and hope that they show most, if not all of the show).

It was a nice show. Kurt was great. Nancy's solo number at the end was very nice, too. She did a double Axel and a triple jump.

Jhar55

Medalist
Hum it came on here after Nascar and we got the whole thing. In fact I forgot it was on. Could have done without Nancy in somewhere in every program.
Really like Kurts scarecrow who else could have done it that good.
The halloween costumes were great even Nancy's she was the scarest :biggrin:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Here's a link to a thread with reports from people who actually attended the show.

http://forums.starsonice.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2369

Thanks Gail, I was wondering about everyone not doing some form of solo.

I always like seeing Nancy. And the clip of her and Mom reminiscing....:cry: :cry: Kurt's Feet, wow! Not the best I have seen from him either, what a stud! Todd Looked so funny, I could not figure out who he was....Figures he would be a devil.:p

I love the black Ice! Very cool!

How did Nancy get her Pants off????

The Lighting seemed to stink, I wasn't surprised to hear they had some issues with it.

2ndmark

Rinkside
Sorry, but I thought the special was appalling... and the line-up of skaters questionable (Galit Chait??) and I had to FF through Nancy Kerrigan's horrific "acting" scenes. So many of these ice shows seem to be little more than tacky gimmicks. I mean, we have Country on Ice to look forward to?? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see any skating televised and I don't mind anyone wanting to have fun, but I'd rather just see good skating. (Okay, I'll admit I liked Todd as Frankenstein.)

Speaking of being pre-empted. The Dallas ABC affiliate is bumping today's coverage of the ladies SP from Skate America ... instead they are running it Monday morning ... at 3:45 AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
ladies SP from Skate America ... instead they are running it Monday morning ... at 3:45 AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yah, I know, 2:30am here. After "Comics Unleashed":scowl: :p The only thing good about that is at least it is on before NBA access.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Todd Looked so funny, I could not figure out who he was....Figures he would be a devil.:p

That was Dan Hollander, not Todd Eldredge... Todd played Frankenstien's Monster (I didn't recognize him at first...)

Kurt's Scarecrow was absolutely BRILLIANT... not a lot of pure skating, but he'll be in many shows and ice wars and so we're sure to see some more serious pieces... :laugh: especially when his show is televised

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
That was Dan Hollander, not Todd Eldredge... Todd played Frankenstien's Monster (I didn't recognize him at first...)

I meant to say Dan, honest :p Really that is who I meant though, I was thinking of the routine at COI where he was "pretending to be in an Olympic match and could hear the announcers. Particularly the part he smacked the Russian competitor with the mop. Devil fit.

And yes I do feel stupid, thanks Toni:cool::laugh:

ladybug

On the Ice
I wasn't on line early enough to catch the Sunday repeat but I will be sure to catch it on the Style Network on the 31st. I just knew you guys would know if it was going to be repeated. Thanks so much. :clap:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Glad to hear that it will be re-aired on the Style network. The Style network did show a lot more of the show than the NBC broadcast. Style did include the individual performances of Shae-Lynn, Rory, and Josef.

Re: Galit Chait. I think I read somewhere that she was a last minute replacement for Irina Slutskaya. To my knowledge, Galit did not get to do an individual number (not enough time to prepare one on such short notice?), but she was in the group numbers (IIRC, her part was the bride of Frankenstein :rofl: ).

Re: Country on Ice. We're not country music fans at all. It's a genre of music we just don't follow, but we are going to to see "Country on Ice" on the strength of the skating cast.

Teenes

On the Ice
FYI all the Disson shows will be rebroadcast on the Style Network this year. I'm trying to find out the dates, but no info yet on anything but Halloween on Ice (which already went by). I'm not sure why my website says "Bravo" in my info for Halloween on Ice when I knew it was Style =P. At any rate, keep an eye on the Style Network schedule this year if you miss any of the Disson shows.

Galit Chait wasn't a last minute replacement for Irina Slutskaya, Rory Flack was. Galit was in the program (as was Irina). Not sure why she skated so little, though.

BTW one Disson show I highly recommend is Gotta Skate. But then again, I'm biased - I love Barenaked Ladies, they did 11 songs, and the energy level was fantastic. That's not on NBC until Dec. 17, though.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Galit Chait wasn't a last minute replacement for Irina Slutskaya, Rory Flack was. Galit was in the program (as was Irina). Not sure why she skated so little, though.

Thank you for clarifying that, Tina. I really thought that Galit was the replacement for Irina. I guess I was wrong (and my apologies because I don't want to give misinformation).

Last year a lot of the Disson shows were repeated on the Bravo network. If the Style network is doing it this year, it's good to know that. I wish there weren't so many ads on the Style network, but I guess we've got to put up with them. Whatever, thank goodness we'll have additional opportunities to see these shows if we miss them on NBC (or if portions of the shows get pre-empted due to other sporting events:cry: :disapp:).

Last edited: