heyang

Record Breaker
Dance, Men's & Pairs free on ESPN2 10/30 8:30PM - 3 hours

I guess the Ladies will be on 11/5 at 5PM on ABC. - 1 hour

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I guess the Ladies will be on 11/5 at 5PM on ABC. - 1 hour

Do you know if this will be the SP? - rebroadcast

I guess to separate the Obsessed Fan from the Dedicated one - I as example tried to stay up to watch at 2:30 am last night and suddenly woke up to the middle of Mao's performance:banging: I knew I should have set the alarm :banging:

Take a shot of whiskey while watching Preaubert. You would swear he is about to fall with each element and indeed, each step, but he doesn't!!

And Sara beating out Mao. hmm? Oh yes, somebody count the jumps that Miki does in the last 30 seconds.

Denkova and Stavisky - so far above the others. If they stay for the Olys, they will be the top contender. JMO.

Pairs are nothing special.

Joe

Actually the TV coverage for the grand prix is pretty good this season. Each event will be broadcast for three hours on Sundays, 4-7, on ESPN, just one week after the event. Not too bad, unless you don't get ESPN at all.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Actually the TV coverage for the grand prix is pretty good this season. Each event will be broadcast for three hours on Sundays, 4-7, on ESPN, just one week after the event. Not too bad, unless you don't get ESPN at all.

Isn't this what they had before? I'd say it's pretty average. Last year they had more coverage than usual of course because of the Oly season.

But a +: I don't think the ladies' short has ever been shown for SA in the past; is this the first time they are showing the ladies short?

As I recall, last year it was broadcast at 10:00 or 11:00 at night or later, on Monday nights. Also, I think it was more like two or three weeks after the events.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Denkova and Stavisky - so far above the others. If they stay for the Olys, they will be the top contender.
:thumbsup: :agree: So agree with this, speechless really.:bow: :bow: :bow:
As I recall, last year it was broadcast at 10:00 or 11:00 at night or later, on Monday nights. Also, I think it was more like two or three weeks after the events.
That would have been nicer than 2:30am:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

bronxgirl

Medalist
TiVO, or some other type of recording has been the only way I get to watch almost any televised skating comps:yes:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
TiVO, or some other type of recording has been the only way I get to watch almost any televised skating comps:yes:

:agree: I am really thinking that would have been a good investment, particularly now. After this last "taping experience" I had, I never want to use tape again for skating. I just looks so sloppy and blurry in comparison.

BTW, my friend just lost what he had stored on his Tivo (I was really bummed because I wanted his classic Tenacious D) so remember your surge protectors and try not to keep stuff on them forever - at least have a plan to get them onto a disk or something with in a few weeks I would say. I mean, do what you want but that is a sad day for him and would hate for it to happen to a FS fan - yah I am Skating fan bias:p .

They likely can recover it for a fee, but I want to see how the drive is hooked up inside 'cause I think we can get the movies off of it if we try and the file format is friendly.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Well they did it again, showing at 2:30am:mad:

It turns out this is a Denver ABC programing change / issue. We will see how much this has to do with fan base for receiving the week old event that is scheduled on ABCs website as 3pm MT time rather than seeing Hanna Montana? And deciding to put a sitcom fort little kids in its place.

We might also see SeaniBu removed from the ABC office after giving the program director a mouth full.:laugh:

Last edited:

IDLERACER

Medalist
I don't even bother with television anymore. I watch everything on YouTube these days. HERE is an Asian broadcast of the podium ceremonies, in which they nudged Kimmie Meissner out of the frame (for lack of interest I suppose).:unsure:

:laugh: Not quite in the last 30 seconds, but she does 7 jumps in a row near the end --3Lz, 3T+2Lo+2Lo, 3F+2Lo and 2A.:agree:
I think Morozov planned that to beat out Mao's 3A, but then there was no 3A but Kimmie did an excellent winning routine, so those jumps came in handy. I like Miki but she needs to point that toe in the spiral. Otherwise it looks like a club foot.

Joe

flying camel

Medalist
I don't even bother with television anymore. I watch everything on YouTube these days. HERE is an Asian broadcast of the podium ceremonies, in which they nudged Kimmie Meissner out of the frame (for lack of interest I suppose).:unsure:

I see what you mean. it was like Kimmie did not even compete.

John King

Final Flight
What's the Japanese word for 'niche' ?

I thought Miki shone through in both her SP and LP.She was in great shape,beautiful costumes,and programs that fit her well.Perhaps she might be invited on the SOI or COI tours,as she would be popular among North Americans.