Ladies - Free Program | Golden Skate

Ladies - Free Program

Rosaleen

Medalist
I'm writing this as they skate, so no replay to check things - please forgive any mistakes and missed elements. Skaters are listed in start order.

Lesley Hawker CAN - music: I’ll be seeing you, hymn to the fallen / navy blue halter with silver glitter on bodice
Gentle chor to the opening piano then music starts to build / 3z2t / 3f turnout stayed on one foot though / combo spin starts with nice camel spin / 3l under rot fell / spirals start with coe in catchfoot pos - nice / back spiral into 3z / 3s / death drop / buttfly camel spin to donut / 2a on beat of music / strt ftwrk interprets music nicely / 3t / combo spin to end is well done / T 48.50 C 44.16 ded 1.0 Tot 91.66 Gr Tot 136.68 currently 1st (of course)

Rosaleen

Medalist
Alisa Drei FIN - music: Warsaw Concerto Bright turquoise / 3t3t very nice / 2z - very tentative into it / 3l bad lean fell - 3s2s sequence is what the ‘cheat sheet’ shows, but it was definitely a loop / combo spin / some nice chor / 2a hop 3s hung on to tight landing of sal / layback with foot to head / 3f fell / flysit with good fly / spirals / double a sal and on 2feet I think - couldn’t see - blocked by camera / strt ftwrk is fairly good but gets very slow / 2a is nice / sit ch sit is excellent to beillman that she struggled to get into pos / T 39.67 C 43.52 ded 2.00 Tot 81.19 Gr tot 121.65 currently 2nd

Rosaleen

Medalist
Katy Taylor USA - music: Theme & Variations by Tchaikovski / fushia with silver diag trim /
Some chor to start - quite ok / 3f / 1a / 3t hung on / camel starts a good combo spin - well centered and nice pos / music smooths out - layback with great pos and then foot to head / spiral start with coe in beillman - could use better extension on the rest / bailed on lutz / 3l landed sideways & fell / flysit with some nice variations in pos / bailed on flip / combo spin is good / strt ftwrk is chor’d to music but not quite dynamic enough for the music / last jump triple that she fell on - didn’t see take-off / another tough skate for Katy - I feel so bad for her / T 26.73 C 41.68 ded 1.00 tot 67.41 gr tot 110.57 curently 3rd overall

Rosaleen

Medalist
Yoshie Onda JPN - music: The Red Violin / deep maroon velvet with semi-sheer on bodice & sleeves - really pretty / nice bit of chor to start / 3z2t / lunge into 3f2t / 3s / back cam starts the combo spin - good 1st half but problems after the change / layback is really good - nice variations / 3l stange little jerk on the landing / 3z bit wild landing / 3f / strt ftwrk is good and with music - other than the 1st bit it’s the only part that really looked like she had any connection to the music / 2a hops 3t / didn’t really see the flysit or the combo spin - busy writing - spin finished a fair bit after the music / T 59.15 C 44.64 ded tot 103.79 Gr tot 146.95 currently 1st

Rosaleen

Medalist
Tugba Karademir TUR - Naqoyqatsi soundtrack by Philip Glass purple bodice with turquoise skirt / combo spin starts the program - lovely extension on the starting camel pos - should have held it longer so we could admire it / 3f fell - prob short rot / 3t just hung on 2t wild and didn’t really handg on / spin with variations on sit / 3s fell - rotated it / 3t fell / upright spin with change of foot and some nice variations / spirals have good extension / I missed something there - bit of applause from crowd / 3s flipped off landing edge / O ftwrk is dynamic to match the music - up til now there hasn’t been a lot of relationship to the music except in isolated spots / combo spin to end is very good and centered / T 31.27 C 39.68 ded 3.00 tot 67.95 gr tot 112.09 currently 4th overall

Rosaleen

Medalist
Binshu Xu CHN - Mulan soundtrack / dark blue with pink shading on hem of skirt & pink detail
3z2t / 3t hops turns 3t kind of fell out of the landing / 3l / flycam with gorgeous position on the spin - great extension / O ftwrk to dynamic music is quite good / 2a turns 2a / layback spin with great pos and easy transitions from one to the other / combo spin got a little wobbly toward the end / 3z leaning hand down / 3s / spirals with coe in beilliman / 3f bad lean fell / combo spin to end / T 51.36 C 43.52 ded 1.00 tot 93.8? new PB gr tot 142.70 currently 2nd overall

Rosaleen

Medalist
Funie Suguri JPN - Song of Spirits, Fantasia purple on top shading to light orange skirt /
Chor in place then very quick steps to match the music / 3z2t very nice / 3f / 3t / combo spin fast with ok pos / buttfly back sit with variations got slow in the last one / some chor infront of the judges / 3z / 3f2t / spirals start with COE on good edges / I don’t feel that she’s really skating to the music except for some chor’d bits / 2a / flysit / 1a turn2t / strt steps are with the music / combo spin is very well done / as she takes her bow she jokingly puts her hand to her ear as if she can’t hear them and the crowd obliges by cheering louder / her jumps are so pretty with soft landings / T 54.56 C 55.68 tot 110.24 gr tot 168.76 currently 1st overall

Rosaleen

Medalist
server was too busy and I couldn't get in - that's why the delay

Yu-Na Kim KOR - the Lark Ascending - baby blue - nightdress style - almost too plain
Some nice chor to start - she has gorgeous arms / 3f3t / right way she feels at one with the music / lovely ina into 2a / layback spin transitions to beillman beautifully / 3s flipped off edge / camel spin with great layout and josee positions / strt light steps are expressive / 3z / fly forward sit with ok tuck good variations / 2a 3t kind of stumbled out of toe / 3z fell / spirals - had trouble getting into beilman on one pos / 2a / combo spin to end is lovely / T 51.60 C 55.20 ded 1.00 tot 105.80 gr tot 168.48 currently 2nd overall

Rosaleen

Medalist
Joannie Rochette CAN - Don Juan by Felix Gray - Black with lots of gold trim - very attractive and Spanish /
3f2t2l / 3z2t / popped loop / combo spin strt steps are good / 3f / 2a turns 3t / sit ch sit spin / spirals / 3z / 3s / combo spin and sit spin / was trying to get into the forum to post about Yu-Na and kept getting a server busy, so couldn’t write proper notes (or even watch properly) Joannie’s program, but the people around me think it’s a great program and she expressed it really well / T 62.02 C 56.34 tot 118.26 new PB gr tot 173.86 currently 1st overall

Rosaleen

Medalist
Mira Leung CAN - Terracotta Warriors - mint green Chinese style with gold trim
Some chor to set the mood - she’s actually moving quite well / 3f / some more chor / 3z2l / 3l under rotated landed on 2feet afer about 2 revs / combo spin with one hand beillman / layback spin with very easy transistions / spirals are quite good / 3f fipped off edge a bit / 2a2t / butterfly camel spin / music changes fot strt steps that express it very well - I like the seq / music bulds again / 3z / 3f2l2l / combo spin to end with the climas of the music - well done / the jumps are clean and done, but especially skating after the last 3 skaters, the entrances are so laboured, but she does come out and do what she can do / T 51.98 C 46.80 Tot 98.78 Gr tot 150.92 currently 4th overall

Rosaleen

Medalist
Alissa Czisny USA - Sabrina soundgtrack black strapless with white band around top of bodice / some gentle chor to start us off / 3z2t / 3f2t 2ft on the flip / butterfly back sit with great variations and speed / split jump - don’t see many of those anymore / popped loop / flycam to donut to catchfoot - really has to work to get donut though / 3f might have had a light 2ft / 2a / 3t2t / strt steps with lots of one-foot work in the 1st half / spirals with great amplitude and extension / 3z her soft knee on the landing saved it / layback with beillman / combo spin / all her spin pos are excellent / T 53.57 C 54.0 Tot 107.57 Gr tot 163.69 currently 4th overall

Rosaleen

Medalist
Susanna Poykio FIN - Munich soundtrack green with gold glitter bodice very unsual shape to the skirt / music is almost sad / 3f2t / 3z2t2l / 3s / flysit / some expressive chor / popped l 2l / combo spin is a bit slow but matches the music / 2a / bad pick on lutz and bailed / layback with variations / spiral amplitude is quite good but extension could be better on the forward ones / 3t / combo spin starts with excellent camel ends in Y / strt steps are gentle & delicate just like the music into her closing pose / T 49.96 C 54.00 ded tot 103.96 Gr tot 161.58 currently 5th

cosmictears10

On the Ice
Woo Hoo!

Woot for Joannie!!!:love: :love: I am sooo glad that she won, thats fantastic!! I can't wait to actually watch it, gotta wait until 4:30am on TSN though!

What a great way for her to start the season!!

Joannie rocks! :rock:

Well, so far the old ladies (Miki Ando and Joannie Rochette :laugh:) have taken the kids to school (Mao, Kimmie and Yu-na).

Nice skate for Alissa to keep herself in the mix.

Under ordinal judging Fumie would have won, with a second and a second to Joannie's fifth and first.

Saundy

On the Ice
Woot for Joannie!!!:love: :love: I am sooo glad that she won, thats fantastic!! I can't wait to actually watch it, gotta wait until 4:30am on TSN though!

What a great way for her to start the season!!

It was on CTV from 9-11pm.
I saw her, she was awesome.
Her new dress is beautiful and I really liked the program.

cosmictears10

On the Ice
It was on CTV from 9-11pm.
I saw her, she was awesome.
Her new dress is beautiful and I really liked the program.

Heyy, thanks for the post. I live in Newfoundland, and we don't get CTV, unless you have satellite.. and being a university student, I don't have satellite! haha I guess i'll record it watch it later, can't wait to see Joannie!

Saundy

On the Ice
Heyy, thanks for the post. I live in Newfoundland, and we don't get CTV, unless you have satellite.. and being a university student, I don't have satellite! haha I guess i'll record it watch it later, can't wait to see Joannie!

Yeah, I'm from NL too, but I'm in NS going to school. I forgot that it's NTV instead of CTV. Silly me! :laugh:

It's worth watching her, so tape it for sure!

hongligl

Final Flight
Good job, Joannie! Like the costume. The program still needs a bit more flair. The movement is almost there, but the spirit seems not there yet.