11th Coupe de Nice | Golden Skate

11th Coupe de Nice

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
You're very welcome. I don't know why the ISU posts these competitions on their calender and then provides no link whatsoever to get the results; it took me 2 or 3 weeks to find the Merano Cup results. Given the field in Nice, I'm surprised this competition did not get more attention.

italia

Rinkside
did you see that in novice men, artur gachinskiy did triple axel/double toe in his short...and tried two in his long...thats pretty amazing for a novice skater, he should definately be jr...novice should be doing some triples....but def not axel...

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Logical progression, I suppose. Year by year, those big jumps are being hit by skaters younger and younger. 20 years from now, every 7-year-old is going to have a quad..... :laugh: :laugh: :eek: :eek: :eek:

italia

Rinkside
Logical progression, I suppose. Year by year, those big jumps are being hit by skaters younger and younger. 20 years from now, every 7-year-old is going to have a quad..... :laugh: :laugh: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ya, that could be true, but there has to be some limited to what your body can do...i noticed with my skating, i started later than most skaters, and everything came quick to me because my body was grown up than the young skaters.

In the future theres going to be additives to your skates so that you can jump these big jumps:rofl:

Last edited:

antmanb

Record Breaker
Its funny i looked at the protocls and thought the same - a novice skater with a triple axel in the short program?

And did you see the number of the 3Lz combos and 3F that were attempted?

It is a bit of wake up call when you consider that in the UK we have no senior men landing quads, one man with a very unreliable triple axel (who maybe hasn't even landed it in competition yet.

After that, you are lucky to get a man who can do 4 different triples, this is in seniors not in novice or juniors!

And the ladies are not much better, even in the senior ladies competition - you're lucky if you get a handful of triples in the LP from the entire field (whcih admitadle has only been 3 or 4 ladies for the past couple of years).

Ant