Men SP report | Golden Skate

Men SP report

Anna

On the Ice
Just my impressions. Abbreviations are mostly ISU ones (SlSt - circular or straighline step sequence, A - axel, T - toe, F - flip, L - lutz, R - loop (rittberger), LSp - layback, FSSp - flying sit spin and so on). Mistakes are as follows : df - two-footed, f - fall, td - touchdown with hand, so - step out. Element descriptions: b2h[/]b - blade to head (either spin or dance lift), B - Bielmanm (generally means one use both arms to pull the leg up), hB - half-Bielmann (only one arm is used), coe - change of edge, // - indicates change of foot/direction in spins (forwards to backwars or vise versa), twS - twisted sit spin, blS - broken leg sit spin, lfS - leaning forward sit spin, clS - crossed-leg sit spin, Y is a general description for all spiral/spin positions including pulling you leg up which aren't Bielmanns. Well, at least I hope that the abbreviations will be this way, I tried to make a good system so what I could read my own notes afterwards, but at the moment I am unsure about my chances of sticking to it. Music is taken from the ISU Biographies.

Anna

On the Ice
Ok, I have discovered that I cannot keep the track of all spin positions in the real time :( Either I have to look down on what I am writing and miss them, or I do not look down and then I cannot read what I've written.

Othman, Danse Macabre

In black and white with navy trimming. 3L3T, 3F out of spiral, FSSp, including twS and ?, high sit position, SlSt, good use of upper body, but rather forced flow, 2A, CiSt, once again, good upper body, but loooked forces, CCoSp, including camel, sit, lfS, U // cannot read what I've written, sorry, CSSp, backward to forward.

Excellent posture and lines, as usual, but he does not have the attack and the sharpness for this music. But overall he made rather good impression.

Anna

On the Ice
Chan, Gourment Valse Tartare

In blue and black. 3F2T, 2A, FSSp, good positions, twS, clS, 3Lz out of steps, stumbled on the exit, he already got a running edge out of the jump and was doing the three turn or something and nearly fell, CSSp, back to forw., including twS, lfS, clS, SlSt, it looked like he stumbled at one point and fell behind his musical accents, CCoSp, camel, sit, twU // ?, CiSt.

Somehow he made better impression on me then I saw his last year performances on TV. He has good positions, good basics, but nothing is really spectacular about him.

Anna

On the Ice
Kozuka, Art on Ice, Sarabande

3A, 3F fall, SlSt, FSSp, hand behind, lfS, coe, 3L, CSSp, back to forw. twS, lfS // twS, CiSt, CCoSp, camel, sit, coe // ?.

Good flow and attack and rather neat overall impression. Not much of expression, though.

Anna

On the Ice
Gryazev, Latin Medley

3L fellout of landing 2T, 3A td, turnout, 3F, CiSt, FSSp, lf, coe, SlSt, CCoSp, back to forw., lf // lf, tw, CSSp, camel, sit, lfS, layback // cam, turned out camel, upright.

This program does not suit him at all. He does not know how to move to Latin and as a result looks worse than he really is. He was visibly upset after two mistakes on the opening jumps and hardly attempted to sell the program at all.

Anna

On the Ice
Sawyer, The Big One

3F3T, 3A df, both hands down, CiSt, 2L, CCSp, back, coe // bent to an attempt on donut, SlSt, FSSp, coe, lfS, twS, CCoSp, camel, sit, Y // back sit, twS, upright, coe.

Excellent character in step sequences. He seems to be more expressive than his music. Very good program.

Anna

On the Ice
Colot, The Question of U

In black and yellow. 3A, tight landing, 3S3T, CSSp, back to forw, inlcuding coe // lf. 3F, FSSp, coe, lf, SlSt, CCoSp, camel, sit, twU // ?, CiSt.

Rather better than I could expect from the last minute "wild card" replacement, but he is sloooow (well, the beat of him music was slow as well, but he come across as half asleep). Laboured stroking as well.

Anna

On the Ice
Klimkin, Vanessa Mae medley

In black and white, with the notes across the torso.

3A, 4T fall, CCSp, coe, half-donut // coe, CiSt, 3R, CCoSp, back to forw, camel, coe, sit, Y // camel, coe, sit, U, coe, SlSt, FCSp, coe, half-donut.

Rahter laboured performance. If he was more fit and attacked it more he would have made a good impression.

Anna

On the Ice
Dobrin, Sarabande

4S fellout of landing 3T, 3A, FCSp, coe, half-donut, 3F, SlSt, CSSp, back to forw, CiSt, CCoSp, caml, lfS, coe, twU // half-donut, U, coe

Visibly exhausted after the quad attempt, he looked like is forcing himself to move in the rest of the program. I also think that the music doesn't suite it him at all.

Anna

On the Ice
Narni, Two Guitars

3F3T, 3A put hand down, CCoSp, camel, sit, U // ?, Cist, 3L fall, CSSp, back to forw., coe // clS, SlSt, FSSp, coe

Good attack and power, really a shame about 3L, he was very good up to that point and even had some traces of "abandon" needed for the gypsy program.

Anna

On the Ice
Preaubert, Buzzy Bee

3A, 3F3T, FSSp, lfS, coe, twS, 3L, if there were any preceeding steps, I missed them, CiSt, CSSp, backwards, lfS, coe, twS // high sit, SlSt, CCoSp.

Somehow he looks better on TV. "Live" he lacks power and flow, but the character is great nonetheless and the program suits him very well.

Anna

On the Ice
Joubert, James Bond

4T3T, 3A, FSSp, lfS, clS, 3F, CiSt, CCoSp, caml, sit, Y // sit, U, SlSt, CSSp, lfS, clS // coe.

Clearly the class of the field and he is back in fighting shape. Both he and Preaubert are far ahead of the rest.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Thanks for the report! I have seen clips and generally agree with your impressions. About Griazev I would say, that his skating looked surprisingly lively compared to past season. I agree that he is not one to interpret Latin music.

Ana - I love your reports. They are away from the dreary technical mistakes. I like reading about how a skater moves to the beat of the music. I like to know about their posture, and their ability to carry a decent line of body when skating.

IMO, some skaters land quads and not much else. It's nice to read about a skater who falls but is able to continue in his style.

Joe