Ladies SP Report | Golden Skate

Ladies SP Report

Anna

On the Ice
Rochette, Little Wing

missed the opening of her program, but it seems she landed 3F2T as her first jumping pass, 3L, FSSp, lfS, coe, twS, 2A, LSp, sidesways, b2h, SlSt, goes well with the music, SpSt, clever construction without bielmans, CCoSp, camel, sit, layback // sit, Y

I cannot comment of the general impression, because I spent most of her program getting to my seat.

Anna

On the Ice
Marchei, Carmen, L'Arlesienne

3L2T, 2A, CCoSp, camel, sit, blS // ?, 3F fall, SpSt, including CoE hB, LSp, b2h, SlSt, FSSp, including blS.

Good start with a nice combo and 2A, but it went downhill from there. She tried to sell it though.

Anna

On the Ice
Zukowski, Le Vertigo, Rondeau

3T3T, 2L, CCoSp, cam, coe, lfS, layback // twS, Y, SlSt, 2A, FFSp, twS, lfS, SpSt, coe, bi, bo fan, LSp.

Laboured, poor extentiions and positions... weird technique on jumps, she is "long", not "height" jumper.

Anna

On the Ice
Bobilier, Concerto Pour Deux Voix

3S2T, FSSp, lfS, 3T, LSp, b2h, v. slow, CiSt, SpSt, coe hB, bi ugly position, bo Y, 2A, CCoSp, cam, coe, sit, Y // cam, sit, Y

Very slow and shaky. For some reason I liked her last year, but watching her now I cannot imagine why.

Anna

On the Ice
Poykio, One

2A out of spiral, turn out, 3L u.r. fall, 1F, LSp, sideways, b2h, B, SpSt, coe, bo fan, bi hB, CCoSp, in the corner, camel, sit layback // sit, coe, Y, SlSt, nice edgework, but rather flow, FSSp, twS, coe, lfS

Heavy-metal ballad is rather strange choice for a skater who previously skated mostly "pretty" programs, it would have suited her if she had more attack, but aside from mistakes she looked rather lethargic.

Anna

On the Ice
Ando, Sceherazare

3L3R, 3F, LSp, b2h, B, nearly fell out of B, 2A, SpSt, coe in variation of "classical" position, but with upper body rather low to the ice, bo fan, bi hB, rather poor position, lfS, twS, FSSp, SlSt, CCoSp, camel, lfS, layback // twS, Y

Somehow thsi program made better impression on Tv. Or may be she just skated better at Skate America. Now the power seemed somewhat laboured.

Anna

On the Ice
Didier, Somewhere in Time

3F u.r. fall, 1L, FSSp, clS, 2A, CCoSp, camel, sit, U // sit, Y, SpSt, coe B, LSp, SlSt, slooow.

Very slow throughout.

Anna

On the Ice
Radeva, Two Guitars

2A, 2F, she seemed to reconsider doing triple in the flight, 2T, LSp, SpSt, FCSp, interesting variation of turnout, SlSt, CCoSp, slow.

Weak.

Anna

On the Ice
Meissner, Snowstorm

3L fall, 3FR, LSp, sideways, classical, b2h, SpSt, coe in classical position, bi hB, bo fan, very low, barely horizontal, 2A, FSSp, SlSt, slow, too busy, CCoSp, camel, sit, layback // sit, coe, Y

Unlike Ando she looked better in person than on Tv, neat and clean, but she lacks the flow of the music.

Anna

On the Ice
Calvez, Fever

3T3T, 3R, LSp SpSt, coe hB, bi ugly, FSSp, forward one, SlSt, 2A, lean in the air, but done, CCoSp, back to forw.

Wheee, she got better tech than Meissner. Lost to her on PCS, of course. It's an old SP, but she still hasn't learn how to sell it.

Anna

On the Ice
Kim, Tango de Roxane

3F3T, very smooth, SpSt, I like the way she enters it withou long preparation, FSSp, twS, lfS, 3L, SlSt, LSp, excellent layback, b2h, B, 2A, from ina bauer, CCoSp, camel, lfS, twU // sit, Y

I am not sure I like her more than Ando, but she IS very good. Excellent character too.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Thanks for the report! WOW, I really like Kim´s skating and personality on ice. One fan feel it even on a clip. Poykio seemed to skate with more speek than in Skate Canada. At least it looks that way on the clips.

michaela77

Rinkside
thanks for your report! i am new to the forum, but not to FS, and your analysis pretty much sums up the main points of each program. Great job!

R.D.

Record Breaker
Thanks for the reports. I think a couple of these have popped up on YT as well.