Dance results-Spoiler | Golden Skate

Dance results-Spoiler

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow. Virtue/Moir were in 2nd place after the OD at Skate Canada, ahead of Faiella/Scali. At TEB, they sit in 7th place, 12 point behind F/S.

That's probably because V/M fell in the OD, reversing things again, because F/S fell in the OD at Skate Canada. But V/M's fall was more costly point-wise than F/S's fall.

rain

Record Breaker
It also sounds like, from Anna's report, that V/M had a couple of other stumbles as well as the fall, hence the drop down the standings. I hope they take this as a learning experience and rally in the freedance. If for no other reason than I want to get a good taping of it, lol.

Should be interesting to see who takes the bronze here. The top two teams are clearly in a class by themselves.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It seems pretty clear to me that Faiella/Scali will win bronze. They have an 7.6-point lead over the teams in 4th and 5th place (Cappellini/LaNotte and Pechalat/Bourzat).

What will really be interesting is if C/LN beats out P/B for 4th on French soil. The Italians are a new Senior team, too, and they've made a very strong showing here.

lanadd

On the Ice
It seems pretty clear to me that Faiella/Scali will win bronze. They have an 7.6-point lead over the teams in 4th and 5th place (Cappellini/LaNotte and Pechalat/Bourzat).

What will really be interesting is if C/LN beats out P/B for 4th on French soil. The Italians are a new Senior team, too, and they've made a very strong showing here.

Imo they were a lot of mistakes in the OD, because of the crazy schedule! D/S again on top!!:love: :rock: :clap: What a lovely tango, just unbeatable, even if they've skated it a little bit tired due to the tough schedule. They should name it "The golden medal Tango":)

I am also impressed from the second italian couple(more then from the 1 one) I wish the success;)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I do not like this FD at all. The music is repetitive and does not build to anything and the theme (two killers who according to DelShoes's interpretation, get away) is distasteful.

Their past programs were much better than this.

http://www.isufs.org/results/gpfra06/
total over all results...
if only isa/oli had more difficult footwork steps they could've won

FD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxOGDcK6lNM

OD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zkgYfYv3A4

:rock:
What more footwork would you have wanted? Isabel and Oliver were nothing short of magnificent.

You must never take Dance judging seriously. It is not as clear cut as Singles in the Technical aspect, and I'm not even thinking conspiracies, although we know that happened in the past.

Joe

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I didn't think they were magnificent, Joesitz. Didn't you notice how far apart they were on the sbs twizzles? They are a good team, one of the best, but the program is meh.

I think Denkova/Staviiski should have this one in the bag, barring any setbacks. Dubreuil/Lauzon are too lightweight, B/A's program is a mess, and Dom/Shabs aren't quite there yet, despite getting the SWR boost.

Final Flight
What more footwork would you have wanted? Isabel and Oliver were nothing short of magnificent.

You must never take Dance judging seriously. It is not as clear cut as Singles in the Technical aspect, and I'm not even thinking conspiracies, although we know that happened in the past.

Joe

they are amazing no questions but in my opinion the footwork in carnaval had more intricacy....the majority of their footwork this year is brackets or whatever you call'em
but i noticed they got a level 3 for their spin in their OD.....i think that affected it too....:scowl:

Final Flight
They couldn't won because they were 2.5 points behind D/S. And D/S FD is too good to be beaten with so much points-otherwise there would have been a big judging scandal:rock: !!

"too good" ....
its like a monopoly

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
DomShabs' program is no great shakes. They are sloppy and the dance is very repetitive. He is obviously a better skater than she.

jayta

Rinkside
I have to say now that I've seen Dom/Shab's FD, I really don't see it winning Gold. The music isn't lent to any kind of 'dance' feel. It feels more like I should be watching a Bond movie or something. The outfits fit for 2/3rds of the dance, but once it goes slow on them, it feels weird an doesn't allow for the change of mood of the program. Their twizzles were very sloppy and they need to work on their line and extension. I think their lifts are spectacular and they transition out of them very well. It's the rest of the dance I have the problem with.

I think they are a great dance team but this program isn't a vehicle. When I'm watching ice dance, I'd like to know it's actually dancing. This just seems like a lot of footwork/lifts put to music. It could almost be any music at this point.

rain

Record Breaker
I don't get all the fuss about Denk/Stav's tango. It's fine, IMO, but nothing spectacular. Perhaps I'm also influenced by the fact that I'm not a huge fan of the tango in the first place. Love the choreography in their FD, but hate their musical choice. It's distracting and gothic.

shine

Record Breaker
I've finally seen the second Italian team's OD, and I'm not very impressed. Don't really get how they got higher PCS than V/M, definitely NOT in their skating skills and performance/execution. To me he's the better skater and she's just so stiff for an ice dancer... In the OD they looked laboured during the closed hold diagonal steps, especially her, and the edges didn't flow. Meh.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
V/M had multiple mistakes in their OD---a fall and a stumble. THAT's why C/LN beat them on the PCS. Why should V/M get higher PCS scores when they skated poorly?

Luca may be a better skater than Anna, but Scott is also a better skater than Tessa. There are times when Tessa is obviously straining to keep up with Scott.

Last edited:

Final Flight
Yes with this tango and FD it is actually their monopoly at the top:clap: :clap: . But for the silver at the world i prefer Del/S then D/L or B/A
:rock:

...for the gold at the world i prefer Del/Sch...:rock: :agree: :clap: ;) :chorus: :p