Compulsory Dance Report | Golden Skate

Compulsory Dance Report

Anna

On the Ice
Delobel/Schoenfelder

She in same red dress as last week in Paris, he in tails. Excellent glide and flow over the ice. Second patters slightly less effortless than the first especially in the end. My problem with them is what I'm not getting "waltz" feeling from them.

Hoffman/Elek

She is same blue dress as last week, he in tails. Nice and smooth with good glide. And lots of "O-faces" from the Nora.

Platonova/Maximishin

She in white, he in tails. Do not seem to be as confident or as relaxed as the previous teams. Also seemed slower.

Belbin/Agosto

Both in white. Their flowed looked inferior to Del&Sch, in some places where French "pushed and glide" they just "steps" (sorry coundn't explain it better). Looked somewhat forced in the ending. But that completely non-technical impression.

Matthiews/Zavozin

She in red, he in tails. Nice, but they did not appear confident in the changes of hold around the "sitting down" section.

Domnina/Shabalin

She in white with feathers (and the front of her dress looks like sparkling bra). Very nice performance. Smooth, confident. Unlike over teams they do not simply move through the changes of holds they "emphasize" them and make them the highlights. I am not sure if it counts or how good they were technically, but I liked their expression the best. They have a very nice "lilt" in their moves.

Anna

On the Ice
Beknazarova/Zuev

She in peach, he in tails. It might have been sound technically, but it was completely bland.

Capellini/La Notte

Same costumes as in Paris. Once again excellent character and neat, precise movements. I would have had them ahead of Hoffman/Elek, but I do not understan the technique.

Kerr/Kerr

She is white, he in tails. Nice, but not very expressive. I thought they had a stumble toward the end, but the view was blocked and I wasn't sure. Well, judging from the marks they didn't...

Frazer/Lukanin

She in sparkling ivory, he is pants and vest more suitable for tango. Once again no idea of how "right" it was, but her posture and unability to streighten her knees is distracting. Not much of character either.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry to be a bit cynical, but I have a feeling that the placements in the CD owed as much or more to random sekret judge selection as to the performance.

Anna

On the Ice
Well, a quick glance on protocols (that is I haven't really counted, just looked those marks "looks" better, might be wrong) and assuming that random order of judges is the same random order throughout

The "ordinals" are

3 1 1 3 1 3 1 3 1 2
1 3 3 1 2 2 2 1 3 3
2 2 2 2 3 1 3 2 2 1

So Dom&Sha pretty much have the majority of firsts, anyway.

Last edited:

Anna

On the Ice
Ok, since I had nothing better to do, I typed the numbers in Excel.

Assuming I did it right and the judges stay the same throughout

TES
3 1 1 2 1 3 1 3 1 2
1 3 2 2 2 2 3 1 2 3
2 2 3 1 3 1 2 2 3 1

PCS
3 1 1 2 1 3 3 3 1 1
1 3 2 1 2 1 1 1 2 2
2 2 3 2 3 1 2 2 3 1

So it seems that the judges pretty much agree that B&A weren't that "hot" technically, but some decided to award them higher PCS.