Kurt Browning Interview | Golden Skate

Kurt Browning Interview

Teenes

On the Ice
Part 1 of a 3-part series from an interview conducted with Kurt after Ice Wars in early November:
Catching up with Kurt Browning: The Full Interview (Pt. 1)

The first part covers Ice Wars (airing tomorrow night on CBS), Halloween on Ice, Gotta Skate, and Country on Ice. Kurt's got some seriously gushy things to say about Brian Boitano in this part.

The next two parts will be up on The Kurt Files in the next couple weeks, and cover Kurt's choreography, commentary, and a variety of topics about his own skating and career. Quite frankly, I think the next two parts are the most interesting parts, but all in good time =).

There should eventually be an article on Skate Today summarizing the whole interview for those who don't want to read the detailed Q&A, but I'm not sure when that'll be up...

Enjoy!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wonderful interview, Tina. I'm looking forward to reading the second part as well. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Teenes

On the Ice
Thanks guys! Glad you're enjoying!

Part two is now up:
Catching up with Kurt Browning (Pt. 2)

In it, Kurt talks about his choreography and commentary. He talks about working with Alissa Czisny, Brian Joubert, and Evan Lysacek, choreographing for the code of points, commentating for a program that he choreographed, working with Dick Button and Terry Gannon, and how his own program would have done under the CoP.

Part 3 will be up next week.

Teenes

On the Ice
The final (and longest) part of the three-part interview with Kurt Browning is now up:
Catching up with Kurt Browning: The Full Interview (Pt. 3)

In this part, Kurt talks about his own career and skating. He talks about keeping things fresh, working with dancers as choreographers, rivalries, the real reason he won't write another autobiography, bringing back old programs, his favorite program (besides Singing in the Rain), the (non) end of his career, and other topics.