Sarah Meier!!!!!!!!!!!! | Golden Skate

Sarah Meier!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you all enter the Golden Skate golden picks contest to win a free subscription to Spotlight on Skating?

I am going to win because I am the only one who picked Sarah Meier for gold :love: :agree:

R.D.

Record Breaker
well you got close...I guess she managed to medal!! :eek: :eek:

Has she ever been in the top 10 at worlds?

kajsa

Rinkside
Has she ever been in the top 10 at worlds?

Yes, she was 6th last year at worlds and she was actually very close to finish fifth. The difference between her and the fifth placed Yukari Nakano was less than one point. If I remember correct.

At Turin Olympics she finished 8th and she was 4th at last Euros.

I'm so happy for her, third place at GPF is great! Gongratulations Sarah!

R.D.

Record Breaker
The folks at the picture forums have a tendency to find these pictures nice and big and unwatermarked, though. :eek: I'll definitely be checking them out...I hope they post that pic!!

You men are so fickle. I thought you were all in love with Kira Koorpi. :rofl:

It's not enough that they be beautiful, kind, intelligent, and good skaters? They have to make the podium too? Sheesh.

R.D.

Record Breaker
You men are so fickle. I thought you were all in love with Kira Koorpi.

Yes, Kiira as well. There are quite a few skaters out there that deserve some :love: , like Tanith :love: , Jenny Kirk :love: :love: , Angela Nikodinov (sp?) :love: , Sarah Hughes :love: , Katarina, dare I go on?

Even Tara Lipinski, all dolled up in her makeup :rolleye: :laugh:

Of current "good-looking" skaters, I'd say Emily for the US, Sarah Meier for Europe, and Asia...hmm?!? of course, all JMHO

(I'd say Arakawa for Asia but she's retired). Some of those pictures of her from the Olympics? :love:

A lot of men seem to have a thing for Sasha too (the flexibility I bet- go figure) but I happen not to. Only recently has she stopped looking like a little girl :eek:

It's not enough that they be beautiful, kind, intelligent, and good skaters? They have to make the podium too? Sheesh.

Thing is, if they DO make the podium, we tend to see more pics of them :love: :love: :laugh:

Last edited:

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
Yay for Sarah! She's such a lovely girl and I really because a big fan of hers last season. I hope she has a great rest of the season.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Add me to the list of the happy ones for Sarah. I loved her programs last season and am looking forward to seeing her progams this season. Fingers crossed for a podium finish at Europeans, she was fourth last year so given her improvements i'm sure her goal is to get on that podium!

Ant

temperboy28

Match Penalty
She is a good skater but lets not get carried away. She is on the rise and a possable contender at Worlds this year but she still needs serious help to win a medal, she wont do it on her own. She lucked out a bit being in a weak GP field to win her GP event, although not as much as Sebeysten earlier. Then she lucks out at the GP final with the Japanese women getting sick, she won bronze in a pretty much splatfest event. At Worlds Meissner and Rochette will be there as well. Winning a World medal will require one of her best skates and alot of help from the other girls still although she keeps improving the last couple years it does seem.

russell30

Final Flight
Sarah has improved so much and is having a stellar season, good for her. On current form she is the favourite for European's along with Susanna Poykio. This would be great to see both at the top2, finally we are back to the days of artistic skating. These 2 are beautiful to watch.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Maybe this lacks substance, but I LOVE her Hands and arm movements / positions.