Rachael Flatt for the US Nats Podium | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Rachael Flatt for the US Nats Podium

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Rachael is not eligible for Worlds, and will not be until the 2008-2009 season, as she is 14 and her birthday is in mid-July.

The USFS put Kimmie on the podium when she wasn't eligible for Worlds, so I see no problem with putting Rachael there.

Also isn't this decided by the judges under the CoP system? The judges score what they see. While I can imagine the USFS interferring with judging the Nats, I don't see them interferring with Rachel who is not eligible for Worlds even if she were to win. She just gets pushed aside for the pewter girl to go.

It's same for the Men, but it is more serious here. Carriere and Steenberg can qualify to go to the Worlds if they get on the podium. Given Evan and Johnny are well enough to skate and place appropriately, the one spot open would have to be decided by the Judges under the CoP. Can Carriere and Steenberg do it now over: Bradley, Smith, Varner?

I think we should wait for the results.

Joe

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Varner skated poorly at his two GP events, so I don't see him making the podium with marks like that. Bradley has a habit of blowing his FS, and Scott Smith tends to freeze up in HIS FS. Steenberg is always unpredictable, and he finished 13th, well below the other men last year.

I feel some real podium contenders are Jeremy Abbott, Parker Pennington, Braden Overett and possibly Steven Carriere.

Nigel

On the Ice
Varner skated poorly at his two GP events, so I don't see him making the podium with marks like that. Bradley has a habit of blowing his FS, and Scott Smith tends to freeze up in HIS FS. Steenberg is always unpredictable, and he finished 13th, well below the other men last year.

I feel some real podium contenders are Jeremy Abbott, Parker Pennington, Braden Overett and possibly Steven Carriere.

Hoping that Evan and Johnny heal sufficiently to skate good solid programs...but I would watch out for Abbott, Carriere, Pennington and Overett (if he puts the jumps out there). ;)

Perhaps an administrator can change the title of this thread....to those we hope to see make the podium in any of the disciplines at the Championship level???

Perhaps an administrator can change the title of this thread....to those we hope to see make the podium in any of the disciplines at the Championship level???
Ah shucks, then we won't be giving Rachael her forum hype. But the extended topic is interesting. The US Nats'Podium is not set in stone right now.

Joe

Also isn't this decided by the judges under the CoP system? The judges score what they see. While I can imagine the USFS interferring with judging the Nats, I don't see them interferring with Rachel who is not eligible for Worlds even if she were to win. She just gets pushed aside for the pewter girl to go.
I totally agree. If Rachael finishes second or third we could still send a strong team to worlds (Kimmie, Emily and the fourth place finisher) and say, look at the great team we've fielded, even without one of our stars. Watch out next year!

OT, I think it's time for Alissa to have her break-out performance of the year!

flying camel

Medalist
I have also been waiting for Alissia to have a break out performance, but I am not getting too excted. Everytime you have high hopes for her she just breaks your heart.

I was looking at the National Roster, has anyone seen Taylor, Firth skate? Does she have any potential?

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Taylor Firth also happens to be a very beautiful girl!

:agree: :agree: :agree:
Not only that but I found her wonderful to watch. Something about her style I like. But that is the 3rd time I have mentioned her. But again, I am on her "band wagon" for sure:agree: I don't know why she stood out around a month ago, but something ....?????