My Dog Has Died..... | Golden Skate

My Dog Has Died.....

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
My beloved Chelsea of 15 years died yesterday and I am heartbroken. This tops off a less than stellar year for my family. I am hoping 2007 will be better......42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
oh I'm so sorry *hugs*... pets come into our lives for far too short a time... :no:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Thank you everyone. The hard part has been packing up all her things. We are keeping her ashes and placing them in a special box with her picture on top. This was my son's request as this has hit him the hardest. 42

antmanb

Record Breaker
I'm so sorry to hear this and know exactly what you are going through. My partner just lost his dog of 16 and half years, just four weeks ago and was heartbroken. He found keeping some of her things around him helped especially for the much needed grieving. We now have a picture of her in the living room with her collar draped on one corner with a little candel in front of the picture...for every sad pang there is that we get upset about, there are always many more stories that leave us laughing about her in the end.

Best wishes
Ant

Petlover

On the Ice
Show42, I am so sorry! Since I have multiple dogs and often take in older dogs, I have been through this too many times, and it never gets less painful. However, even knowing the incredible pain, I would never give up a minute of the time I had with each dog if I could do it all over again. Hugs to you!

Lissy

Medalist
I am so sorry. I wish that there is something more I can say or do. I have lost pets in the past and it is a bad time. I hope that you do have a better year next year.

dutchherder

Final Flight
You could donate to the Humane Society (or another animal-related charity) in her name. I did that for animal victims of Hurricane Katrina when my sweet old dog Zayda died. It helped a bit.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Thank you once again. Hearing from all of you does really help. Donating to the Humane Society is a wonderful idea..........:) 42

guinevere

Final Flight
I've been away from GS for a while - just wanted to express my condolences for your loss. I'm sure Chelsea had a really wonderful (and long!) life with you. (((show 42)))

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Show I am so sorry. Like Toni said, pets are with us for too short of a time. i agree with the one who said donate to the humane society. I hope 2007 is a better year for you.

I hope one day in the future, another pair of brown eyes on four legs will make you lose your heart all over again.

CanuckSk8r

Rinkside
(((((((((((((((((Show42)))))))))))))))))))

I'm with you Show42, I lost my Bailey yesterday morning after 15 1/2 years.

It sucks.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Thank you again, everyone............Oh Canuck, I am so sorry to hear about your Bailey. I know your heart must be breaking. We picked Chelsea's ashes up at the Vet's today. Her remains were placed in a beautiful cedar chest with her name engraved on a brass plate attached to the top. Tears came to my eyes when they brought the chest out and handed it to me................42

jfdw

Rinkside
Canuck and Show
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved pets. I know the feeling I lost my Schatzi the end of October. My house is not a home without a dog. I have now gone a little crazy at my age and I now have two Miniature Schaunzers a boy named Manny who is nine months old and a girl named Sophie who is 10 weeks. They are both very special and have made my housea home again and my x-mas much happier than it would have been without them.. I often think of my Schatzi but I can now do it at least sometimes without crying. She will always hold a special place in my heart as the three other dogs before her do. But I have a lot of love to give and these dogs will have a loving home and be spoiled rotten and I will love every minute I am doing it.
jfdw