Jeff Buttle update | Golden Skate

Jeff Buttle update

rain

Record Breaker
Just watching CBC's coverage of NHK and they did a piece on Jeff and how he's doing. They said he will be going to Four Continents in February. He has two new programs, his short he described as a light-hearted tango - they showed him skating part of it in a practice rink and he looks great. His long program he said is to the Ararat Soundtrack. He's been performing both publicly during some small tour dates he's done, trying to prep as best as he can without being able to skate the Grand Prix circuit. He also said the stress fracture in his back is better.

2ndmark

Rinkside
Thanks for the update. Can't wait to see the new programs, and VERY happy to hear that he appears to be healthy.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Just watching CBC's coverage of NHK and they did a piece on Jeff and how he's doing. They said he will be going to Four Continents in February. He has two new programs, his short he described as a light-hearted tango - they showed him skating part of it in a practice rink and he looks great. His long program he said is to the Ararat Soundtrack. He's been performing both publicly during some small tour dates he's done, trying to prep as best as he can without being able to skate the Grand Prix circuit. He also said the stress fracture in his back is better.

Yes, I saw the interview. Does this mean he will not be in Canadians in Jan? There was no mention of that. I miss Jeff. Looking forward to seeing him again.

rain

Record Breaker
An article in the Globe and Mail about a week ago (I posted a link) said unequivically that Buttle would be skating at Canadians in January. So no worries.

goodbyemylover

Rinkside
Phew! I've been missing Jeff all season; it's great to actually find some information on how he's doing. I'm looking forward to seeing his new programs and hopefully he'll do wonderfully.

Thanks!! ^^

Antilles

Medalist
CTV shows Nationals, while CBC shows 4Cs. Maybe that's why they didn't mention Nationals.

chevalier8

Spectator
I saw him on TV in a Brian Orser skating special last week. Is he brunette now or was that just an effect of the lighting? I'm not sure when this show was actually taped, but Angela Nikodinov was in it and she had long blond hair, and Jamie Sale had a short, coconut-shaped haircut.

Glad to hear he is back. Nationals should be interesting.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty

That is good to hear. The skating so far this year has shown the mens field is still wide open. Only Joubert looks a notch above the rest so far, although the outrageous shamed home cooked scoring of the Japanese men at NHK is a concern for Worlds in Japan too. Still Jeff has every chance to be a contender again this year.

That is good to hear. The skating so far this year has shown the mens field is still wide open. Only Joubert looks a notch above the rest so far, although the outrageous shamed home cooked scoring of the Japanese men at NHK is a concern for Worlds in Japan too. Still Jeff has every chance to be a contender again this year.
A notch is correct. Every top male skater in competition this year, imo, has shown to be vulnerable in the GPs. It's not been a season of consistency. I think Jeff will do well in the mix, but I'm not making any bets on any of them yet.

Joe