Rivalry? | Golden Skate

Rivalry?

goodbyemylover

Rinkside
In the current sport, many rivalries seem apparent. Some have been around, like Buttle and Sandhu. Many are anticipating the U.S. rivalries, while others look to the Chinese and their pairs.

Besides ones within a country, like Lysacek vs. Weir, which seem plausible? Which would be the most interesting?

(I'm anticipating a possible Joubert vs. Lambiel within the next few years; especially if both plan to stay on for Vancouver. I also think Belbin/Agosto vs Domnina/Shabalin would be entertaining; there seemed to be a little competitive friction during the Grand Prix.)

hyoo

Rinkside
Mao Asada vs Yu-na Kim

There is most definitely a Mao Asada vs Yu-na Kim rivarly going on. The media in both countries are both pumping it for all its worth. I am Korean, and I have watched some of the interviews in Korean that really put them up. My japanese friend says that the japanese interviews are just as obsessed.

It looks like a Joubert-Takahashi or maybe Joubert-Takahashi-Lambiel rivalry is coming up. I think we will be seeing the battles of the quads again and the top men can keep pushing each other to excel.

I'm so impressed with Takahashi this season. He already had beautiful technique and style and now he has the consistency too. Plus he has heart - skating well with the flu, and his focus and humility in interviews.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
There is most definitely a Mao Asada vs Yu-na Kim rivarly going on. The media in both countries are both pumping it for all its worth. I am Korean, and I have watched some of the interviews in Korean that really put them up. My japanese friend says that the japanese interviews are just as obsessed.

Is that reminiscent of a Japanese / Korean rivalry outside of sporting events as well though??? Just a thought and only because exs have indicated there has been sense WW2???

goodbyemylover

Rinkside
I've been pretty impressed with Takahashi this season as well; the Phantom program is pretty effective. He's one to watch; although I'm not sure of how he'll relate to the others yet.

Everybody's been noticing the upcoming rivalries in the ladies; I think it'll be interesting.