VCR Alert For Sunday The 7th | Golden Skate

VCR Alert For Sunday The 7th

IDLERACER

Medalist
Something called Latin On Ice will be on NBC at 1:00 PM on the west coast and 4:00 PM on the east coast. Check your local listings if you are located somewhere in between.

I'm assuming it's the music that will be Latin, as the only Latin skater I see on the marquis is Rudy Galindo. Brian Boitano and Michael Weiss will also be performing. :cool:

treeskater

Rinkside
There is a detailed report of this event in the BOI Jan update online - when I read it I was saddened for the skaters who had to fight for the attention of the audience, most of whom were there for the guest male singer "Marco."

I have never liked the combination of live music stars and skaters as I feel it really distracts from the skaters. Young audiences today can be so rude to the skaters if they want only to see their music star.....

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
In Southern California, ABC also has a special "Reflection off Ice", with Nancy Kerrigan, starting at 12:30 p.m., and running for an hour. I have heard two reports -- one that it covers some of the "great skaters" from US Nats (Button and HRH); the other is that it covers some of the newbies.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I have never liked the combination of live music stars and skaters as I feel it really distracts from the skaters. Young audiences today can be so rude to the skaters if they want only to see their music star.....

A Lot of the time I agree with that but sometimes it is nice. Fumie Belero:love: :love: :love: An orchestra is a different gig. And SOME of the Bare Naked Ladies with Kurt, but not all of it. Sometimes it is ocward. Country On Ice was something that I didn't like for they show the mucisians instead of the skater which just does not make sence to me, but I see why. Plushy and the violinist???? Yet I chatted with the neighbor who is second chair with Colorado Philharmonic, and she loved it. So ????

Halloween On Ice:p with the band for sure. And I will steer clear of the Christina and Sasha thing for nothing positive will come from me regarding that other then Sasha - and what little there was of her.

pennyfromheaven

On the Ice
I saw this show today, it was AWESOME! I think the best one of the Disson shows yet! I never heard of Marco Antonio Solis before but I LOVE his music! This was a lively and energetic and sexy show; all the skaters looked like they were having alot of fun with their Latin numbers. Hope everyone gets to see this show. It will be rebroadcast on the Style network soon.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For the most part I enjoyed the show. I am enjoying Mike Weiss' pro career a lot. It was good to see Rudy and Phillipe. I knew when Rudy came out, he had on too many clothes. The only thing I didn't like was the dancers on stage. It would be hard to watch it all.

Just wondered what you guys thought of Sylvia F. ???

Dee

R.D.

Record Breaker
I was watching the NFL playoffs and during a commercial I turned to NBC I think and saw someone I thought I recognized...someone in a black dress, long hair?? Who was that? Isn't it some Italian girl?

IDLERACER

Medalist
I was watching the NFL playoffs and during a commercial I turned to NBC I think and saw someone I thought I recognized...someone in a black dress, long hair?? Who was that? Isn't it some Italian girl?
I believe you are talking about Silvia Fontana

R.D.

Record Breaker
OK, thanks. Sort of remember seeing her at the Olympics, but couldn't quite put a name on it. I knew it wasn't Kostner, obviously. Wow, that definitely got my attention though. :love:

Dyan

On the Ice
.......Just wondered what you guys thought of Sylvia F. ???

Dee

I haven't watched most of the Disson produced shows this season or in past seasons but I did watch Latin on Ice yesterday.

I'm a fan of Silvia Fontana's anyway so it goes without saying that I usually enjoy her skating. I thought the first number was okay (see the Shae-Lynn post below) but the second number was gorgeous. There choreography was good, her expression both in the face and with her body was beautiful and she did a couple of great jumps. I was impressed with her speed over the ice in addition to how fast her spins are.

On a fluff note, Silvia looked as gorgeous as ever and in excellent shape.

It was nice to see the Zaretski's as I don't believe any of their competitive programs have ever been shown on American t.v.; they did a good job with their "History of Love" program. I would have liked to see their first number but it got chacked.

Shae-Lynn Bourne seemed to truly be having a good time but her programs didn't really have much in them accept her posturing. I prefer her "Caruso" and "La Comparisita" programs; I'd like to see her do more programs like those two that have some actual choreography in them. However I will say that she looked gorgeous and I loved the dress she wore for her first program.

I'm not really an L&T fan but they are good skaters and I will admit to a weakness for all things Peter Tchernyshev so of course I particularly enjoyed their program to "Smooth." :love:

eta:
Karyn Cadavy reminds me of Dorothy Hamil. Not in looks of course but because of the fact that even years after she left the olympic eligible ranks she has still managed to maintain excellent basic skating skills. She's just very pleasant to watch.

Last edited: