Anna

On the Ice
Yakovleva/Manvelov

Tw 3+4 travelled a lot of distance
SeSt, empty
SlLi, he 1 feet, she upside down
CoSp, both sit, both U // both sit
SeLi, smooth\
Sp, what the hell? It’s not even last season FD…
DiSt, empty
SlLi, I suppose the previous one was CuLi?
RoLi 1 hand

Some jazzed up classics in the first minute, normal classic in the second half. Sorry, I have terrible memory for music. Very weak overall, I guess they are one of those teams who skate just for the love it, because they are clearly going nowhere and they were going nowhere the same way I saw them several years ago. But if that’s something they love, more power to them.

43.20/29.81=-1=72.01 to 138.52

Gmyzina/Lobanov

SlLi, he sit, she layback
SeSt, two shaky facing Tw
Sp, he sits, she B
Tw 4+5
RoLi, change of pose
SeLi, change of pose
DiSt, no speed in the 2nd half
Sl+CuLi

There was some message here, too bad it was lost on me because I did not recognize the music. Something powerful, with chanting it in. The costumes were not very dramatic, though. Overall it was a nicely choreographed program, but they cannot get through the steps with the necessary speed.

37.02/34.06=-1=70.08 to 140.27

Zlobina/Sitnikov

CiSt checking each other
SllLi, he sit, she layback
Sp
RoLi she in split to CuLi she upside down
Tw 3+5 long
RoLi 1 hand
DiSt
SeLi, laboured, both change pose

And Del/Schoen “glide” to finish… was it Bach or Beethoven? I can never remember which is which (“tam tadadatadam”). I think they are the strongest skaters so far, but they need more polish and better presentation (and choreography)… and something less dramatical. They were great with upbeat numbers couple of years ago.

37.31/32.64=69.95 to 128.78

Shmyrina/Bazdyrev

Cu+RoLi
Tw out of unison and slow
SeSt, kept missing the holds
CuLi she in upside down, slow, too long most likely
Sp
DiSt, kept missing the holds
SlLi cool
RoLi, she hangs on his neck

Flamenco. She has strong presentation skills (or at least can do “Spanish”), but very weak basics. He seems to have neither. They kept checking each other whereabouts during the dance, clearly a new team… Got the audience going for them in the last minute of the dance, though.

38.27/30.24=-2=66.51 to 134.40

Khokhlova/Novitsky, Aranjuez Mon Amour

Tw
Sl+CuLi
CoSp excellent
SlLi she in B
DiSt
CiSt
SeLi
RoLi

Much like yesterday they were too wrapped up in the emotions and performance and had some minor glitches as a results. But overall it was incredibly well done. I did nto like their dance then I saw it the first time, but they convinced me it is a real dance, not just adagio pair skating.

49.53/46.15=95.68 to 192.94

Rubleva/Shefer

Tw 8 shaped
Sp
SeLi
CiSt
MiSt
RoLi 1 hand

I missed some elements, sorry. Swan Lake with Russian lyrics. It’s about Odillia (sp? The black swan) blaming the prince the price for abandoning her and telling him that now she would die along still loving him… Trust Svinin and Zhuk to find something original even for a done-to-death SL theme… Well done overall. Powerful, smooth, but they still can improve the smoothness. Lifts are conventional and boring compared to Kh/Nov.

44.99/40.37=85.36 to 169.34

Platonova/Maximishin, Flamenco

Sp
SeLi
CiSt
Tw
Cu+RoLi
DiSt couple of minor stumbles
RoLi 1 hand shaky

He is once again so much in character and she doesn’t seem to be “getting” it at all, she is trying, but she isn’t very convincing… I think they are better skaters than Rub/Schefer, but R/S are more expressive and more charismatic. P/M looked too involved into skating all the elements cleans, while R/S “danced” their program though, with abandon, however silly their theme has been.

42.73/40.47=83.20 to 166.15

Domnina/Shabalin, Polovian Dances

Sorry, I completely forgot the write down the elements. But they were the same as at CoR and GPF… Really well done, powerful, smooth, expressive. I love this dance, well deserved first place.

52.59/49.90=102.39 to 207.32

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Thanks so much Anna. :bow:

Rubleva/Shefer's FD sounds intriguing, I'd like to see it. :)

So sorry to hear about Arkadi Sergeev's broken leg. :frown:

BTW just catching up with all your reports, so thanks for all your hard work in keeping us updated, and your wonderful Preview too, that was such fun to read, and very interesting!! :rock:

Belated Happy New Year to you too! :)