You tube links | Golden Skate

You tube links

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not impressed by little Artur. He didn't land his jumps and the rest was just sort of mechanical, nothing special. I'd like to see his FS, though.

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
Not impressed by little Artur. He didn't land his jumps and the rest was just sort of mechanical, nothing special. I'd like to see his FS, though.

He does have some potential, flexibility is good, spins are good, jump technique is solid. But the hype is overdone. He showed no musicality at the beginning of the program, it's almost like background noise although it's getting a bit better in the second half.

He's too young to for us to make any prediction. There are a bunch of other men's SP floating on youtube.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He does have some potential, flexibility is good, spins are good, jump technique is solid. But the hype is overdone. He showed no musicality at the beginning of the program, it's almost like background noise although it's getting a bit better in the second half.

He's too young to for us to make any prediction. There are a bunch of other men's SP floating on youtube.

From a translation of a Russian article on FSU, it seems Artur, who turned 13 in August, has been touring. That does not sound like a good plan for a skater as young as he is, and might explain his disappointing performance in the SP.

We have talked quite a bit about hype and young skaters on this board, and this is an example of hype of the worst kind.

Artur is an energetic little guy with enough stamina to show more technical in years to come.

Voronov has very good line in his jumps, spins and footwork.

Lutay - is fine but like all Russian boys they have the same style. I see much more differences as in Weir/Lysacek. or Buttle/Sandhu, or Joubert/Preaubert

Dobrin - Oops. He is a bit different and he includes some soft lines which for me is refreshing.

My poor Illia just never got it back. He was the man. He was the artist!

Joe