Roster | Golden Skate

Roster

lotusland

On the Ice
What do you mean, it doesn't say anything? What is there to say except who skates and in what order?

happy hollow

Rinkside
Does anyone else find it weird to have a Donald Jackson on the list?? It's almost like he had no choice but to be a figure skater!!

lutzskate

On the Ice
What do you mean, it doesn't say anything? What is there to say except who skates and in what order?

There are no qualifying groups - ie.A & B . I guess I was thinking of worlds.

What do they have to place in order to compete in the short program?

ATW27

On the Ice
Looking at the roster, I noticed that Girard & Yeager are not listed. What happened to them?

Andy W.

lotusland

On the Ice
There are no qualifying groups - ie.A & B . I guess I was thinking of worlds.

What do they have to place in order to compete in the short program?

Because of Worlds doing away with Qualifying Rounds, Skate Canada followed suit and changed the format for this year's Canadian Championship.

Instead of all the entries beginning the competion with a Qualifying Round (hence being separated into Groups A & B), the top 12 skaters from 2006 Cdn. Championship in both Senior Ladies and Senior Men will go directly to the Short Program and begin their competition at that point ... everyone else will have to skate the Qualifying Event. Originally the top 12 of Qualifying would move on to the Short Program, however a few of the ladies and men in last years top 12 have either retired, or are sitting this year out for various reasons, consequently a larger number will be taken out of the Qulaifying Event to make a grand total of 24 competitors for the Short Program.

Hope that is what you needed to know :)